No announcement yet.
X

Kat on the track

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i will add .your ties are rated at a certian air preasure you should never add or remove preasure this can and will cause trouble with cornering and uneven tire ware . and like every one says stock tire where not ment for tracks . if your like me im at the track every fri and sat so it pays to get a good pair . in my case i have two sets of rims when i take my street bike for testing new mod.normaly i have a bike set up for the track only

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
      the stock rubber on my kat, scares me to death in the rain..that circle tread right in the middle just invites the water in, then locks down in the tread. I havent had any problem yet, but I always get nervous with those stock tires. I ride in the rain alot, and cant wait to dump those things and get some metzlers..
      For the love of God man!
      Get rid of those tires!

Comment

So you have a daughter??

Does she have a boyfriend and/or a sister?

Sorry, once again, had to beat Range to it!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

I want a track.

I would have to agree with the above posts in regards to traction loss. Suspension settings can be as important as the tires for traction. Try some different settings, see what works best.
          AMA member # 224227

Comment

You mention the suspension is still at the factory default. How much do you weigh? I can't be 100% sure but I remember someone saying the suspension is basically set for someone around 150lbs.
            Kyle

Comment

Letting around 3 psi out of the tires won't hurt them and in fact helps with traction on the track. Softer equals more contact patch plus quicker heat in them. Since this only happened under heavy acceleration, sounds like the shock was a little stiff. sounds like the suspension was not allowing your bike to maintain 40/60 frt/rear weight transfer and the rear was skipping. How rough was the corner and did changing your line help any??

Something else to think about, were you weighing the inside or outside peg??? Lots of times when you get a "wobble" out of a turn heavy on the gas, weighing the outside peg will ease it alot. Just my .02 on it
              sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
              MSF Rider Coach 27028
              MoPowerSports.com
              Torco
              SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Working...
              X