X

Motorcycle fatality ( warning )

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle fatality ( warning )

Ok :: Another season of riding and a new year of newbie's driving on the road & i'm talking bikes and cars !! Although these drivers may have been experienced , both vehicles here were traveling east and west when the SUV made a left hand turn , the motorcycle T-boned
    the suv in the far right hand lane. Two on the bike and the suv driver did not survive this accident . So the time of the crash was 6 pm sun setting blinding the drivers speeding motorcycle I don't know who's at fault in this crash but I do know that drivers making left hand turns scare the crap outta me! Condolences to all the families involved here/

Last edited by loneraider; 04-18-2016, 09:50 AM.

Read the second article. Thanks for sharing. Ride safe.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I saw that on the news Saturday night. Better pictures(not better but closer pictures of the vehicles) speed was the determining factor. If you see a good picture of the SUV, there is a V shaped indent on the passenger side of the vehicle. The indent looks to be 1/3 to 1/2 the width of the vehicle.

Ride smart, ride safe
      2002 750 Kat
      2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
      1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
      2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by dano68 View Post
        I saw that on the news Saturday night. Better pictures(not better but closer pictures of the vehicles) speed was the determining factor. If you see a good picture of the SUV, there is a V shaped indent on the passenger side of the vehicle. The indent looks to be 1/3 to 1/2 the width of the vehicle.

Ride smart, ride safe
        Saw that too. The bike had to be doing at least 120+km/h to make that kind of an impact. Speed limit on that stretch I believe is 80km/h. The SUV had probably assumed the bike was doing anywhere from 80-100km/h and not 120+, if he saw the bike a all

Comment

Originally posted by MotorBikeMike View Post
          Saw that too. The bike had to be doing at least 120+km/h to make that kind of an impact. Speed limit on that stretch I believe is 80km/h. The SUV had probably assumed the bike was doing anywhere from 80-100km/h and not 120+, if he saw the bike a all
          +1
          2002 750 Kat
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800

Comment

No matter how great the man was, this proves him to be an idiot!

Don't be that guy!
            It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Article just out about his speed. Experts have said he was travelling anywhere from 160-180km/h when the impact occurred. That's 100mp/h- 115mp/h for the American friends. Both the rider and his female passenger were only wearing helemts...no other gear. Not that it would have done anything anyways. But just silly. If your planning on riding that fast, at least wear the gear in case you drop the bike and slide across the asphalt.

Comment

Originally posted by MotorBikeMike View Post
                Article just out about his speed. Experts have said he was travelling anywhere from 160-180km/h when the impact occurred. That's 100mp/h- 115mp/h for the American friends. Both the rider and his female passenger were only wearing helemts...no other gear. Not that it would have done anything anyways. But just silly. If your planning on riding that fast, at least wear the gear in case you drop the bike and slide across the asphalt.
                Planing riding that fast, take it the track, not city frickin' streets
                2002 750 Kat
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800

Comment

+1
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Last I checked they don't allow 2up riding at the track

The guy was a dooshbag if he was going that fast 2up. Can't fix stupid.

Comment

A rider here in Washington state was killed the other day. Hit and run in broad daylight. Driver ran off on foot.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post
                        Last I checked they don't allow 2up riding at the track

The guy was a dooshbag if he was going that fast 2up. Can't fix stupid.
                        Darwin theory, unfortunately the SUV drove into his path. Dumb ass people.....
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Sucks people died. But riding that fast on public roads, riding without gear no matter what speed, and going that fast with a passenger...might have been a great guy otherwise, but that's a lot of really bad desicions made there.
                          Gotta say, going out doing something you love is very appealing...but...so is living into my 80's.
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
                          X