Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Have front stand, no centerstand, rear stand on order, new front tire in hand...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have front stand, no centerstand, rear stand on order, new front tire in hand...

Here's my situation. I have a front tire I need to replace. I have a front stand but no centerstand. I had to order pieces for my rear stand to handle bikes without spools, so I can't use it at the moment. I've read other threads about what to do if you have nothing, but not much on what to do if you do have a front stand. I know I can't just use it alone. Suggestions?
    Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Originally posted by cybrnathan View Post
    Here's my situation. I have a front tire I need to replace. I have a front stand but no centerstand. I had to order pieces for my rear stand to handle bikes without spools, so I can't use it at the moment. I've read other threads about what to do if you have nothing, but not much on what to do if you do have a front stand. I know I can't just use it alone. Suggestions?

You can't?

Well, I don't have stands so I just use my garage rafters and some ratchet straps on the bars. A tree branch, or other over hanging something or other that will support the weight would work I'm sure.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

What kind of front stand? If its a paddle type under the forks I wouldn't hesitate to use it.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        What kind of front stand? If its a paddle type under the forks I wouldn't hesitate to use it.
        It is one of these http://m.motorcycle-superstore.com/I...mStyleId=29801

Comment

I would have no concern about using only that front stand, I know its not ideal but eh

I have a head lift and I definitely would NOT use those types without the rear up, makes it really easy to snap the head pin.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Well it worked. I only had to put some 2x4s under the kickstand to keep it level. I wouldn't advise it, but I wanted to get my new tire on so I could ride without having to wait another week to get it mounted. The parts to my rear stand that I ordered will be here Monday, so hopefully I won't have to do it this way again

Comment

Working...
            X