Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I need new tires but don't want touring tires!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need new tires but don't want touring tires!

Currently my bike is running an old set of Battlax BT020 tires and I hate the way the rears side wall is straight up and down. I have completely maxed out my chicken strips on this style of tire.

I need recommendations on a sport tire that has good wear and excellent handling. I am looking at the Michelin Pilot ________ fill in the blank, there are so many to choose from I am really not sure which to go with.

If you have the above on your post Kat can you possibly post a pic?

Thank you!
    -Brandon

I run the original pilot and its great but i think next time i am going to go with tithe pilot 2ct... heard nothing but good reviews on that set of tires!

Comment

Time to work on your body position. And until you have rubber shavings sitting on the inside of the rim, you haven't maxed out the tire. There are lots of better and more modern sport touring tires, but if you are really set on sport tires, then you want the Dunlop Q2.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

There are probably 1000 tire threads on this site.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          but...reading any one of those other threads would take time and thus negate his need for instant gratification....

most anything that says Michelin Pilot ------ will do you just fine. Try the road 3's.
          Last edited by teddy; 06-21-2012, 10:16 AM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
            Originally posted by teddy View Post
            but...reading any one of those other threads would take time and thus negate his need for instant gratification....

yeah, i went there. don't care.
            +1
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I will admit, I did a lackluster search. At the time I had just gotten off the phone with a fellow at a local tire place and he gave me a whole bunch of options. I got a little flustered and posted here.

I'll do some more searching, one thing i didn't realize which is picked up in this thread are "sport touring" tires which sounds like what I want!
              -Brandon

Comment

Most People have recommended Pilot roads 2 if you are 50/50 road conditions straight/curve which suppose to give a long tread life

now if you use your bike for more Sport riding lot of sharp turns really get into the curves every chance you get then i was told pilot powers but with that you get less tread life

that the answers i got when i was looking for tires, but if you do want more experienced advice like everyone before said search the forums.

Ps. not sure if they are the same on your bike but pre kats with factory rims run 120/70zr17 front and 150/70zr17 i was told those sizes work the best on the bike over what oem numbers are

hope this helps

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
                >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

i run sport tires. sport touring tires dont provide enough grip for my riding style.

im currently running Shinko Apex. great tires for the price.
                  conti sport attacks are outstanding
                  the battlax bt-016 and dunlop q2 are great tires
                  as well as the pilot 2ct tires and pirelli Corsa.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I'll stand by both the Pirelli Diablo Rosso's on my SV and the Conti Road Attack's that I had on my Kat. Both are GREAT tires.
                    Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Working...
                    X