Problem with 2001 suzuki katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 2001 suzuki katana 600

hey guys, i have a 2001 katana 600.
    ive been having problems with it lately, i was on highway just riding along when all of a sudden it started bogging out and would not respond to throttle. it died on me and i was stranded on side of highway, it would not start back up without choke and when i went to give it any throttle or put load on it, the rpms would instantly drop from 5k. i had it in for service for that problem and the mechanic found a fuel line that was folded over itself, he also said it had the wrong spark plugs in it and while he had it apart i got him to re jet the carbs and take the baffle out of the exhaust. he took it for rides and said it all seemed fine i took the bike back home and went out for a ride today and the exact same thing happened, was riding around 5-6k rpm felt it bog then just died. still wont start back up.
    what could the problem be? bad pet cock? sounds to me like its being starved of fuel but the tank is 3/4 full of fresh gas. im lost and confused as to what the problem could be. plz help!

putting a new filter can cause issues if it is not made for gravity feed. also a clogged vent can cause issues. does it happen when set to prime?
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

he didnt put a new filter on, but he did say it wasn't right for the bike. i bought the bike with an inline filter on it.. dont know.. should i take that off? which vent would be clogged?

Comment

Same issue!!!

I have been having the same issue for about a year. Took it to 2 different shops and they couldn't find anything. I have cleaned and rebuild the carbs, new fuel filter, cleaned the petcock, even had the gas tank cleaned and coated because is was rusting. I still haven't figured it out but today it acted funny and while choked I unbolted the tank and instantly was running perfect. Not sure what it was but I think a fuel line was getting pinched. I'm not sure but if you figure it out let me know.

Comment

Working...
        X