X

Another turbo katana build....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpecM3 View Post
    Is that just an ametuer level welder? Ive been thinking of picking one up and attempting to do a little fabrication on a go kart. Doesn't seem like it would be to tricky to get the hang of.
    Do some reading and I'd look into a HF welder if you just want to give it try and don't plan on doing tons of welding. If you think you're gonna do it quite a bit put some money aside and buy a better brand. I have a 110(Hobart) and it does everything I could ask on my bike and odd ball jobs.
    95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
    ---
    I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

just wanted to update. ill post pics later and stuff but thought id let everyone know while im trying to sit and warm up for a few..... I dont think i said this, but the header was off by about 1/8th inch, so bend it and it slides right in, then look and notice, if i were to bolt a drainback fitting on, it would be inside or touching the oil filter, so had to go back to the jig and bend every single primary so it would make the turbo sit another inch forward, so now thats all done, just need to go throw some paint on it..... also the fuel press. regulator is all done, just need to run the hoses and stuff... if anyone going to do this, expect to spend 20bucks for the 3 90deg. 1 straight, and 1plug for the reg. But yea, ill post pics up in a while.
      "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
      2004 marauder 800

Comment

K here's the pictures like i promised........

First off here's a few pictures of the FPR that finally got done today, also on the opposite side of the plug, there is a straight barbed fitting that will eventually get hooked up to my fuel pressure gauge that will come out around the rear master cyl.

Now like i said before the header need a tad bit more work turns out. Well that got done in a short time, no biggy there.... so bolted it on and put the turbo on it... so here's some teaser shots......

So took it all back apart for the billionth time... remember those emission thinger's that i cut up and welded before?... those got some paint too, so heres a picture of the stuff almost done drying, its all in flat black that rob was nice enough to give me some of......

Now you need to look at the last one to the left to get the best idea, the flash was being a pain in the you know what.....

2006 turboed kat
        2004 marauder 800

Comment

Well so the paint dry'ed, time to get itchy......

ISN'T IT PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2006 turboed kat
          2004 marauder 800

Comment

really? no one has anything to say?

2006 turboed kat
            2004 marauder 800

Comment

Comming together pretty nicely. Hope you get a chance ot put it on a dyno once it's done, so we can see what it did for it.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

should be sitting somewhere around 120-140hp range, im going to guess really.

if a mod could add to the title of the thread "project: im different" at the end.... THANKS! yes thats the name for this build ive come up with......
                Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-06-2011, 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2006 turboed kat
                2004 marauder 800

Comment

lookin good...im definately goin to do this...as soon as i find a new motor broke a corner of my crankcase will tighting the lower half back on...i see this as Gods way of saying..."YOUR MOTORS TOO WEAK! YOU NEED A BIGGER ONE!!!"

Comment

thanks

yea im thinking so far everything is looking great myself, i have not gone cheap on this.
                    Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-07-2011, 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2006 turboed kat
                    2004 marauder 800

Comment

Now about how much boost are you expecting to run?
                      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

7psi, anything more is risking it.

2006 turboed kat
                        2004 marauder 800

Comment

yeah 6-7 psi tops with the stock compression ratio on an air cooled engine.

please tell me you somehow blocked the turbine and compressor before cutting and welding the housing? metal shaving and slag will destroy the bearing the first time it spools up. It must be flushed out first.
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                            yeah 6-7 psi tops with the stock compression ratio on an air cooled engine.

please tell me you somehow blocked the turbine and compressor before cutting and welding the housing? metal shaving and slag will destroy the bearing the first time it spools up. It must be flushed out first.
                            nope i left it wide open and even threw some metal shavings in for added insurance

scary thing i need to remember though is, if this turbo decides one day it was to go to 17lb's of boost, everything i have will support it lol.. minus the one major thing that wont take it..........

2006 turboed kat
                            2004 marauder 800

Comment

Def love what your doing man...It looks nice...I hope to see some pics of the finished product and maybe even a video or two and some specs on how it performs.
                              Speeding Wont Kill You,Whatever Stops You Will

My Build
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=114501

Comment

You're expecting to double the horspower?

Don't get TOO excited, would need more than 7psi for that...Just for reference an 06 636 on 6psi dyno'd 138whp, and it makes a lot more than a kat 600 stock.
                                Last edited by scottynoface; 01-07-2011, 11:47 AM.
                                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X