X

Another turbo katana build....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another turbo katana build....

Ok well one swell evening me and rob(ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE) we're trying to come up with something for me to do. Either buy another bike and do something fun with it that way, well he suggested why not just turbo it... after debate..... !!!!I AM!!!! so I know I should have started this thread a few weeks ago when it first began but due to having surgery and stuff it all didn't go as planned..... so here's every to get you all up to speed... ENJOY!

We first started out by cutting up the old header, sorry I don't have a picture... then we made a jig from another finished stock header so we had something to go off of and not build it all on a bike.. here's is the jig

then here it is after started putting it together, Oh I also should quick take the time out to thank him again for all his help with this. I had to have surgery about 2 weeks ago and im on a weight limit restriction and still very weak, so I can't be as active as i would really like to be, SO THANK YOU AGAIN! (for the billionth time)

here's the pictures from start to a few welds, paint, and header wrap shy of being complete.

here's rob cutting because im to busy taking a break haha.

AND ALMOST DONE!!!!!

So after we got that done, I decided the bike should start coming apart to start getting thing's done on it as well...

So started by getting the fairings, tank, air box, and exhaust off.

So since I need to modify the gas tank because the stock petcock won't flow enough, and turns out that the petcock is fudged anyways might as well drain the tank...

So that's whats gotten done in these few days, next step is to get the tank done, get the header done, and figure out where the hell this fuel pump and regulator are going to go..... and obviously put the header and turbo on the bike so I can figure out where the scavenger pump is going to go. Then I can also get my oil feed line ordered.
    put all back on best as possible.
    65.17%
    put none back on.
    11.24%
    put upper on only.
    4.49%
    make some custom type of fiberglass fairing.
    19.10%
    Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-02-2011, 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
    2004 marauder 800

and if you guys are wonder what ive been up to on my build...nothing cause ive been helping him with his....lol

Comment

This is going to be awesome!
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
        and if you guys are wonder what ive been up to on my build...nothing cause ive been helping him with his....lol
        lol yes this is true

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        This is going to be awesome!
        thank you. that's what one of the reason's why this is happening.
        Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-02-2011, 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2006 turboed kat
        2004 marauder 800

Comment

What's better than a bike with a turbo?

2 bikes with turbos!

Comment

lol i agree.....

2006 turboed kat
            2004 marauder 800

Comment

Subscribed!
              "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

k got a little more work done, and some pics of parts.. sorry about quality i need to start using the digital cam instead of my phone..... so anways... WELL it turns out i have a CA model bike.. so thats one thing coming off while I have the opportunity...

DONE. I got the tank drained and the petcock pulled off.

here is my fuel pressure regulator (Aeromotive 13301)

here's a fitting i picked up

and another fitting

heres a header wrap kit i got

heres my scavenger pump kit i got

and here's the blow off valve

2006 turboed kat
                2004 marauder 800

Comment

looks really nice
                  keep us posted.
                  Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                    looks really nice
                    keep us posted.
                    sure will, I plan on every second I can devote to this build i'm going to... kinda nice since all i'm doing is resting and re-couping
                    Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-03-2011, 05:09 AM.

2006 turboed kat
                    2004 marauder 800

Comment

k got a little more done today, after about a week or so of trying to figure out where this fuel pump and regulator are going to go it happened... at first i liked the idea of inside the left rear fairing... but after messing with the mounting bracket.. it just wouldn't work. SOOOOO I found that the little hole on the rightside of your upper shock mount makes a pretty awesome spot. After a few trips to the vice and messing around, it got mocked up. I still need to pull it off and put the fittings in so it's not completely done as of yet. I also got around the almost finishing up the emissions delete. Just need to throw a coat of paint on and its done...

Stock bracket

turned into this, then forgot to get another picture, but you can see it also got a new hole and shortened in another picture.

Then these started off as this.....

with the help of a cut-off wheel and a grinder, and a welder.. turned into this.

oh here's the boost gauge I picked up a week or 2 ago.

So really that's all that I got done on my bike today....

oh here's how the bike sits right now, kinda sad and it's hating me but... in the end its going to pay off.
                      Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-03-2011, 10:52 PM.

2006 turboed kat
                      2004 marauder 800

Comment

Thats awesome. What do you do about the computer? Maybe I missed it but do you just run low boost stock ECU set up?

Comment

thanks man... and no its carburated not fuel injected so there's no computer, all you need to do is make sure it has enough fuel for the air going in.

2006 turboed kat
                          2004 marauder 800

Comment

SUBSCRIBED!!! this would be an AWESOME addition to my build. just gotta find money though...lol. what turbo are you going to run?

Comment

kkk kp31, basicly smart car turbo http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:1,s:0 theres a link to what it looks like.... all in all your going to look at getting set back 500-600bucks ruffly.
                              Last edited by mstngsrule68; 01-04-2011, 02:27 AM.

2006 turboed kat
                              2004 marauder 800

Comment

Working...
                              X