No announcement yet.
X

My build - Uglier Betty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks pretty cool... i would do the same thing if i had a pre... i just dont like the looks of them... no offense to anyone tha has one...
    Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

No I hear you, it's really not the prettiest girl in the class.

Come winter, I'll drag it down to the basement and continue with what I haven't had a chance to do this summer, like tail, rear lights, plate mount, rear sets, gauges, etc.

Comment

Ok, snapped a few pictures with the cell, but didn't have the video camera ready. Hopefully tomorrow after work I'll fix the gasket and then I can take a vid.

Here is the relocation of the air box drain, it went right where my starter solenoid was relocated to.

Here is before and after the valve adjust.

And here are some shots of her just sitting outside, enjoying daylight for the first time in a really long time.

In these pics you can see my temp tail set up until winter. I kinda like the way the stock light looks with the bike and might try to incorporate it.

Comment

looks really good.

I really like the brakes.. did you paint them up or did they come like that. I thin they'd look great on someone i knows bike.. lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzy View Post
            looks really good.

I really like the brakes.. did you paint them up or did they come like that. I thin they'd look great on someone i knows bike.. lol....
            They are the stock ones just painted with the same engine block enamel that I did the other orange with.

Comment

OK super news,

Got my oil leak squared away, fixed a turn signal bulb that was out, and got my new mirrors mounted. I also synched the carbs and got my idle right. Starts up first try no choke.

Not so super news, while out riding, my clutch took a dump. The chain popped off, the chain tensioner is toasted (chain and sprockets seem fine). Clutch lever has zero resistance, and it bleed oil everywhere. See pictures.

So it is back to the basement yet again, probably for a while, cause god knows when I'll get time to tear into it, or if it is even savable.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of pre's, but I really like this one. its lookin' good. Suks about the clutch and tensioner, but I'm sure it won't be long b4 your ridin it again...
                Sliminator

Comment

Bad news about the tensioner. It's looking real fresh though. Gotta ditch that blue-green "Suzuki" lettering on the tank. Go with orange it'll pull the rest of the accents together.
                  -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
                  -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
                  -2008 Audi S5
                  -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

The lettering on the tank is going to be gone in the winter when I paint the tank/hugger/side fairings.

Comment

No progress on the clutch yet, but I did however make new tensioners for the bike. Instead of mounting flush inside the swingarm, they cup around the outside of the arm. They are also boxed, and twice as thick as the OEM ones, plus they were free, cause I just made them out of steel I had laying around. These are the roughs, they still have to be cut down a little, finished and painted.

Comment

dude that sucks looks like you have a reason to do a 1100 swap now
                        time to nut up or shut up
                        Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                        The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

The same thing happened to my tensioner. I let this dude who "knew" how to work on bike tighten my chain. Never again, My first bike I didn't know better. he had a bike of has a bike of his own. I don't let people touch my car I don't know why I... never-mind the point is after that I purchased a set of SV 650 caps. I love em.
                          My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
                          Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Got a tiny bit done today.

Pulled the exhaust, painted it with some header paint, and got the wrapping done on one side (didn't buy enough)/
                            I also used a dremel to grind out the welds on the inside of the stock headers, to flow a little better.
                            You can kinda make out that half is done in this pic, but it's hard to see.

Comment

That was a nice bike befor,but it looks realy awsome right now, keep up the good work i will be doing my own SF build soon since i trashed my o4 kat750.
                              Burn it

Comment

That is sick! Love the photos! Im still restoring my 93 750. I was thinking of straight piping it but i heard its so loud its almost too loud to ride lol so i might just shell out for the vance and hines system available. Great build and fine craftsmanship!

Comment

Working...
                                X