X
X

Stuck at a Signal Light ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had good luck lately with dropping the foot of the side stand right on the loop, never used to work before, I suspect they turned up the sensitivity on the loops around here.
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• I know this is a dead post but thought this might be worth an update. I just learned that Virginia has passed a new law that if the lights have cycled twice OR 120 seconds have passed without a green. Thank god.

That clock on my kat just got useful!

Always be careful and look twice! Cagers won't be ready to stop at all if they have the green.
      sigpic
      "Why do I ride a bike? Aside from the feeling of freedom, excitement, and adrenaline... probably the 90 million miles of headroom."
      "Katrina" 2001 750 Black/Anthracite

Comment

• A couple weeks ago I got caught trying to make a left turn off the Hanlon Expressway in Guelph
        Locals would know that this highway is a death trap

I finally had to make a left without a turn light with my wife on the back
        I had to explain it to her because she was freaking out as I pulled out on a red
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

• Yes the traffic sensors are the worst invention ever especially for left turns

Comment

• I know im going to sound very new because i am and i am vert excited. I just bought a koso RX-1N and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a panel adaptor i really dont want to use the brackets that come with them i want to keep a panel and not all that open space up front

Comment

• Kansas passed a "Dead Red" bill also.

Comment

• I know in MI here if the light doesnt change after three cycles you can legally "run the red light" legally you are supposed to report the broken light tho.

Comment

• seems I have at least 3 light s like this to and from work
                  96 GSX750 Katana , 88 GSX600F

Comment

• An old trick I learned back on the GS500E was to hit the starter... The coil discharge is usually enough to trigger the magnetic sensor

Most sensors are not pressure/weight... They are induction loop coils that detect changes in a magnetic field.

If you drive a car, bike, or motorcycle, chances are you regularly experience the frustration of waiting at red traffic lights that seem to take forever to change. Some traffic lights are timed to reflect the common flow of traffic, but...

Pretty good resource to show you were you should approach the light for best results

Comment

• This is great information to have. I sat at a light that never changed just the other day... I just turned the other way! It is great to now have this knowledge thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Comment

• Old thread......but a friend of mine has a son in the OPP....... I was told it's illegal in Ontario...... something like a $270 fine. It's like...."If a tree falls in the forest" kinda thing.
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

• I put a old speaker magnet on the under fairing to prevent this issue, good luck so far.
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                            I put a old speaker magnet on the under fairing to prevent this issue, good luck so far.
                            This I have to try
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

• Very good stuff

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                              I put a old speaker magnet on the under fairing to prevent this issue, good luck so far.
                              Doesnt sound like a bad idea, and Im guessing you have great results by doing so or is this sometimy?
                              Last edited by Jreid843; 06-30-2013, 08:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• I have a couple of lights that never change in my area. What I do is sit through one cycle, wait for clear traffic and run the light. I tried everything except hitting the pedestrian button; that's one thing I will never do. If a cop stops me then I'll address it then. I hate those damn sensors.

Comment

Working...
                                X