Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Range
    slow in...fast out

but then again...I have been known to have a problem going into a curve

proper entry speed is a factor, settting up for the corner, accellerate smoooothly after hitting the apex

all theories best explained by others with infinate more experience then I.
    Wow Range, I wasn't sure if you were talking about riding, or 8) Riding.... 8)
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Riding behind an experienced rider and watching and following their lines helped me. However, they should first agree to ride to your pace so you are not tempted to try to keep up.

Comment

yeah, hopefully i can meet up with some of these socal riders soon, just have to get a little more practice first
        Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

Comment

somainevent ur doing a common prob, i was doing it just a coupla months ago..

generally.... you want to do all ur braking on the straight BEFORE the corner, but have ur foot ready to apply the rear brake if u need to wash of speed thru the corner, never use the front brake min corner, it'll stand the bike up causing u to run wide.

apon entering the corner, u want to be on the outside of the corner, spot your apex and if posible ur exit, and look to hit that apex with the turn in. to aid in turn in, push on the inside handle bar, and shift part of ur ass to the inside of the seat (this allows u to lean the bike less) once you have hit ur apex, then look to ur exit , using the throttle to help steer ur line, apply more power to go wider back off to tighten ur line. be gentle with rolling the throttle and mid corner rear braking if u need it.

as ppl have said, practice... take a early morning mountain ride, dont go balls out, take it easy and concentrate on what ur doing, you'll find in no time ur corninig will have improved imensly,

next step would be to follow an experienced rider study their lines, and their braking for corners. be sure the rider ur with will go at ur pace and not their own.

dont be afraid to get the bike cranked over thru a corner, ur bikes limits far exceed ur own. also, if u feel urself running wide..LEAN THE BIKE HARDER!!

cheers.joe.

Comment

and the last thing u need to do, is start to get better and gain confidence, and then get over confident...thats never good, as soon as you think ur a beast, disaster is just around the corner. respect the ride, the road and ur abilities and u'll be great!

Comment

Well said. Trinc, I like the diagram.
              AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Just get it over with and buy Sport Riding Techniques , it'll explain everything !
                Thats the book!! I just finised reading it after riding 20years and 60,000+ miles. THe only thing is that I wish i had read it when I was 18

Comment

Originally posted by NY Kat
                  Just get it over with and buy Sport Riding Techniques , it'll explain everything !
                  Thats the book!! I just finised reading it after riding 20years and 60,000+ miles. THe only thing is that I wish i had read it when I was 18

That book is standard reading material in my home library......uh....bathroom. Mag rack behind the door. Forces me to read it at least once a day.

It is a great book! I recommend it to anyone. Newbies or experienced. Great Christmas gift to yourself.
                  sigpic

Comment

You have to get this book. It is worth every penny. The author does a great job of describing what you should be doing through a turn.

Comment

Working...
                    X