X

Top Speed.....?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Speed.....?

Just wondering what the top speed should be for a Katana 750 with say a 235 pound rider? Bike is completely stock. Just wondering what the consensus would be?

Originally posted by xxxkat View Post
    Just wondering what the top speed should be for a Katana 750 with say a 235 pound rider? Bike is completely stock. Just wondering what the consensus would be?
    Well, since top speed is not at all dependent on weight, then top speed would be the same with a 235 lb rider as it would with a 120 lb rider. What makes top speed is Power vs Drag. Weight affects acceleration. (Weight could affect top speed to some small degree because of the higher load on bearings, larger contact patch on tires, etc, causing more drag, but it's a very small difference)

Anyway..... At least in pre98's, the 750 has a theoretical top speed (redline in 6th) of about 165mph or so..... In reality, the bike doesn't have enough power to get there in stock form..... I believe they will muster up to about 140-145 when stock. The conditions are going to make a big difference. Could be anywhere from 130-150 depending on wind speed and direction, grading of the ground, air pressure in tires, temperature and humidity.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Warning: Under no cercumstance do we promote illegal speeds or activities!

With that said, 142 mph on my 1993 with 240lbs rider on it.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

i have had mine read 150 but what ever that actually is ? cause i know that the faster i go the speed odometer reads increasingly off. i have heard that about 135 is all a stock pre 750 will do? but when the odometer said 150 i was moving plenty fast so im happy to know that this bike will do everything im willing to do.

Comment

Working...
        X