X

Pre 98 Exhaust Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 98 Exhaust Questions

Anybody modify there stock exhaust? Drill holes in it, gut the cans, etc??
    I can't afford a slipon or anything so I was wanting to know if there is anything I can do to my stock exhaust? Thanks for the help. 8)
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

So I guess it's not possible on the pre 98s?
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

Comment

Last week I used a sawzall and cut the black end caps off of the stock mufflers. You must be careful to not cut too close to the chrome. After removing the caps I used a prybar and hammer and removed the outer most baffle tube and plate. Then welded the black end caps back onto the mufflers. After sanding, I taped off the chrome and repainted the caps with black high-temperature paint. Now the bike sounds loud and mean. I still need to adjust the carbs a little to account for the exhaust modification. I am pleased with the result and it didn't cost anything.

Comment

Sounds cool. Anybody else do any mods to there exhaust?
        96 Katana 600
        97 4 door Blazer LT
        03 Honda Pilot EXL
        sigpic

Comment

keep an eye on ebay devil, there are normally some hidden deals in there and you can snatch up a slip on for dirt cheap
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

on a pre, there is no slip on

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
              on a pre, there is no slip on

I have a 93 and it has a yoshi slip on stock midpipe and header as far as i can tell, but im also the second or third owner so who knows

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

you don't have the stock headers, you have a yoshi full system

Comment

Make a cut ahead of the can and use one of these to replace it. Its off an import car but it will work good.

Search the junk yard for trashed ricers(there are alot)

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                    you don't have the stock headers, you have a yoshi full system
                    yeah you're right, md came up to look at my bike and informed me of that, i had no clue

Comment

Working...
                    X