Which tires should I buy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any tire can be found in dennis kirk for that bike

Comment

Well due to some of the replies here and How i have come to hate my crapadams, I just plunked down bills on a Set of Z-6's today. They will get installed Next tuesday Morning.
      They were scratching their heads about why i was ripping off 2200+ mile tires
      As I am getting more aggressive with My riding. The Michi just aint cutting the mustard. I had a couple slides here and there and I rather have a better more responsive ride than a real crappy one.
      I am Having teh dealership install them for a number of reasons:
      1) The Kat i have is my daily use bike (if i had a second bike to fall back on then i would have no issue taking off the rims)
      2) I rather have someone who know how to take off a set of Wheels
      3) I would do the removal of the rims if i had the Equipt to jack the bike up to do so.

I will however be searching in the future for a set of New Rims for my Kat. (maybe a Chrome set to tell the two sets apart) so i have a back up set of Wheels.

Funny how my garage is now starting to fill up with Bike Tools now.

but this is gonna be the longest week in my life.....

Comment

Question Tires

I have a New 2006 Kat all stock and I wanted to know what kind of tires should I get if wanted tired that handle great and stick to the ground go so If i want to ripe so roads up I can with out sliding everywhere ?

Comment

I just put Pirelli Diablo Strada tires on my 2000 Kat. Huge difference from stock. Very happy.

Comment

how much did it cost you for the new tires?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk_Kat
              They were scratching their heads about why i was ripping off 2200+ mile tires
              You can download the ebay sales descriptions for used macadams from my website:
              Used Michelin Macadam 150/70ZR17 eBay write-up (html as a text file)
              and

Used Michelin Macadam 120/70ZR17 eBay write-up (html as a text file)

and modify those two files as necessary to disclose the truth of the plug, wear levels and embed your pics. You can sell them easily then and recoup some of your upgrade costs -- or even a majority of the upgrade costs at 2200 miles of use on them

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Phatman
                how much did it cost you for the new tires?
                It was about $230 shipped. I was fortunate to have them mounted for free. I took them off the and put them back on the bike myself.

rear:

front:

Comment

Well, The Z-6's are on the bike.
                  I tore around some to scuff them up before i took on some serious riding, I'm very happy with the choice of tires I just made. Took the bike to work, Bike handled like a dream. actually I chirped the tires braking. I got to do a little adjusting to my acceleration and braking now that my Bike has some serious Rubber hitting the pavement. I went in for a 160/60 rear on mine. my confidence on the bike just went up ten fold.
                  as for the 'dam's: I had no way to take them home, I came in at 9am had the tires changed and i was riding off around 11am. (The Kat was the First bike that wrenches were being turned on when the dealership opened this morning).
                  I may sound repetative here but thanks to the Insight of the Kat owners here helped tremendously in my choise. With CyberPoet Living across the bridge in Tampa, I took his advice a little more since he's in the same riding condtions (FDOT, Weather, Temps) that i am.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk_Kat
                    With CyberPoet Living across the bridge in Tampa...
                    If you want to be added to the local riders list for our area (group rides, etc), drop me a PM or email me with your phone # & email address. There's talk of doing something later this week or this weekend.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X