taking in too much air?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking in too much air?

Hi there

I've got a mechanic with my bike now (1995 GSX750F) and the carbs have had a sonic clean. Only problem is, it'll idle all day but when pull back the throttle it'll then sit at 3000rpm which makes him think there's too much air coming in. He says he's 95% certain that it's probably the inlet rubbers so I've got them (and the o rings on order) but if it's not that is there anything else I can check? Your ideas or suggestions would be most welcome before I'm fleeced for anymore cash.

Thanks

Sounds like a vacuum leak and that very well could be o rings. If that doesn't fix it, spray some carb cleaner around the carb area while the engine is running and look for smoke coming out of the exhaust. That should lead you in the right direction.
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Thanks I'll give that a go.

Comment

Also do you have the stock air filter on it? that will sometimes be the culprit... The GSXF does not like aftermarket air filters.. the stock paper one is the best for them.
        "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by voodoobilly View Post
          Also do you have the stock air filter on it? that will sometimes be the culprit... The GSXF does not like aftermarket air filters.. the stock paper one is the best for them.
          [/I][/I][/I]

I've got a pattern part air filter (not Suzuki but wemoto). It's not a K&N. I was tempted to get pods (if they're available) but I've only read bad things about them on here on the kats. Is pattern acceptable or should I go for OEM

Comment

Working...
          X