X

first motorcycle helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first motorcycle helmet

I tried for the first time painting a motorcycle helmet. Also was my first time trying lightning. Can't wait to show the wife her helmet when she gets home. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files
    1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
    1993 katana 600 sold
    Bandit 1250 2007

I'm sensing a pattern here

Looks good

Comment

haha yeah well she wanted it girlie and it had to match the bike, but wouldnt tell me what she wanted
      1993 katana 600 sold
      Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

Originally posted by plyhockey3 View Post
        haha yeah well she wanted it girlie and it had to match the bike, but wouldnt tell me what she wanted
        with only that info to go on, you did alright

Did you clearcoat the helmet too?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

yes it is clear coated I will try to get that picture up when I get a new usb cable for my phone to connect to the computer, my 5 year old cut the wire......
          1993 katana 600 sold
          Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

here ya go
            Attached Files
            1993 katana 600 sold
            Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

is there a special paint for helmets? i thought you wernt supposed to paint them?
              voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
              82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
              83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

Originally posted by dragoncutlery View Post
                is there a special paint for helmets? i thought you wernt supposed to paint them?
                I think that "no painting" thing is just so the manufacturer can cover their a*s. I can't imagine that painting a helmet can actually make it less safe.... Well, unless you sand the pi5s out of it!
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

The reason you are not supposed to paint helmets is because some paints will damage the finish..such as lacqure paints over acrylics/enamels. On a plastic shell helmet this reaction can and will also melt the plastic and can soften the resin used in composite and fiberglass helmets as well...

But using water based grafics paints and proper clear coats even enamel paints are usually very safe to the finish they are going onto. Its best to always try a test spot first see if its going to react to the under layer finish. I usually test it below the trim line where it won't be seen or cause any real damage
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Helmet Paint Job

Looks Good.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

i can dig it
                        2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

Looks sharp bud..
                          sigpic
                          1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

I like it

Comment

looks good was an understatement.,, looks freakin fantastic ! nice work

Comment

Working...
                              X