Painting My bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks pretty good man i will post pics as i go
    02' Katana 600
    D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

well here are pics of the totally sanded, and there are a few close ups of the adhesive I used to fix the cracks.[IMG]file:///E:/DCIM/101MSDCF/DSC00661.JPG[/IMG]
      DSC00661.JPG
      This is all the plastic off my 02 600

DSC00656.JPG

DSC00657.JPG

DSC00658.JPG
      these are all close ups of the epoxy I used to repair the cracks I haven't sanded it down yet.
      DSC00654.JPG

DSC00655.JPG
      these too are of Jhappel's 94 kat
      02' Katana 600
      D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

"Originally Posted by ras
        And while I'm at it does anyone know where everyone gets the wire mesh to put in the vents?"

Yeah Home Depot is the ****!! You can get a 6ft x 3 ft sheet of wire mesh in the back area where they sale the Concrete supplies for $5!!!!!!!!! Hell I was SOOOOO happy when i found that out. Felt like i hit the lottery lol. I cut it up and used Velcro (cut up into little 1in x 1in squares) to fasten it down...stays PERFECT!! and they're removable
        Last edited by SoGone12; 01-28-2008, 10:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        I like'em naked!!

Comment

sweet thanks how hard was it to form it
          02' Katana 600

Comment

the gutter mesh is easily manipulated to any shape you want, it's just a thin guage aluminum, super simple....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

started priming yesterday and after the first batch of primer everything was going good but on the second batch the primer started clumping up in my gun. I mixed properly what could cause this?s
              02' Katana 600

Comment

Water in the air line?

Comment

coulda been but i doubt it my brother has a valve to release the H2O and we released the H2O regularly.

got more priming done today man I gotta give props to all the guys that do this for a living. It's not as easy as it looks.
                  Last edited by ras; 02-01-2008, 01:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  02' Katana 600

Comment

sounds like a bad reaction of some sort. was it hardening or just getting globby and stringy???
                    Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                    www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

globby and stringy
                      02' Katana 600

Comment

yeah something didnt react right with each other for some reason sounds like.
                        www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

got another question for you guys I had to put alotta filler in my jhappels pannels but it still wasnt hard by the time we left like 2 hours later? So I assume I didn't put enough hardener in it. So I guess my question is will the filler ever harden if there isnt enough hardener?
                          02' Katana 600

Comment

If its all mixed in it should eventually harden. you could try taking a hair dryer or heat gun and warming it up a bit. Then let it cool and it might harden for ya. as long as you put some hardner in and mixed it good it should harden.
                            www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

ok ran into another problem first time we had this happen.

DSC00702.jpg

any idea on what happened here?
                              02' Katana 600

Comment

ok so we shot base on our first few pieces. haven't actually shot any of my pieces yet since not much of my bike is gonna be this color but here are the pics. none of these have been wet sanded or buffed yet just base and clear. I think I did pretty good for a fist timer. I have more done but the pics didn't really turn out very well. oh and this pix don't do the color justice cause this silver is awesome.

DSC00703.JPG

DSC00704.JPG

DSC00705.JPG
                                02' Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                                X