X

Reviews of the 600 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviews of the 600 Katana

I found this on the Website of the Dealership I bought my 600 at.
    I wanted to Post a Seperate thread and not Hi-jack Teddy's Thread on the Cycle World Write up

What you will find is a list of comments from riders- Enjoy KR!!

(edited to clean up some spelling stuff)

Hmm...Reading one of the comments, the guy talks about dumping gas into the carbs by twisting the throttle when the bike is not running. Didn't think that would happen because the petcock is vacuum operated. Maybe I'm wrong.

Nice to see some more folks talking up the Kat instead of bad mouthing it. Thanks for the post, Hawk.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Excellent, thanks for sharing.
      When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - James Marshall Hendrix

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Comment

It's always nice to find some positive feedback on the Kat. Good find, Hawk.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Nice! Respect for the Kat. Lovin' it. Thanks for the post!

Comment

why on earth are they gettin rid of the Kat??!!
            those who dont ride one dont understand....

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
              Hmm...Reading one of the comments, the guy talks about dumping gas into the carbs by twisting the throttle when the bike is not running. Didn't think that would happen because the petcock is vacuum operated. Maybe I'm wrong.
              Nope , you can twist that throttle all freakin day if you want while it's not turning over and it won't do a DAMNED thing except move the butterfiles .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Nope , you can twist that throttle all freakin day if you want while it's not turning over and it won't do a DAMNED thing except move the butterfiles .
                true. unless you have the dial on the left side of the bike set to "prime", if you do the fuel will flow as you twist the throttle.
                << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
                KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

Originally posted by KRAZYKAT
                  true. unless you have the dial on the left side of the bike set to "prime", if you do the fuel will flow as you twist the throttle.
                  I thought that when you have the bike set to Prime, fuel flowed regardless of whether you were twisting the throttle or not.

Comment

The only time fuel will flow on Prime is if the carburetor bowls are empty, low, or the valves are stuck open. If your floats are operating properly, no fuel will freely flow into the carbs.

Also, it will flow freely if you are draining the tank to put in fresh fuel and have no hoses connected to the petcock or different hoses running to a container to catch it.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Re: Reviews of the 600 Katana

Originally posted by Hawk
                      I found this on the Website of the Dealership I bought my 600 at.
                      I wanted to Post a Seperate thread and not Hi-jack Teddy's Thread on the Cycle World Write up

What you will find is a list of comments from riders- Enjoy KR!!

(edited to clean up some spelling stuff)

Looks like it's official...now that the 2007 models are out NO MORE KAT!
                      LMT

Comment

Nice.........thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

I was under the impression that fuel flowing into the motor depended on air moving through the carbs.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAZYKAT
                            Originally posted by md86
                            No , no it won't . The throttle ONLY moves the butterflies . If the engine's off , twisting the throttle ain't gonna do jack-**it to the fuel flow . I promise .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                            X