X

let's talk tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's talk tires

it's been around 8k miles since i put the 010's on and it's time for them to go. In searching for reviews on this and other boards i have found it almost pointless. i was thinking ( to be posted in 'rolling stock' ) about how we could set up a sticky either by tire or by manufacturer that had threads that were reviews by the rider themselves - with no other BS.

lets ponder and come up with something. quick.
    a portland shop is offering d208's for $199 mounted - i was thinking of trying the diablos but am concerned about wet/rain traction. the 010s did well ( front tire cupped though ) so the 014's ?? M1's Z6's ??

tim

Tires needed

I would love this. I need tires and with so much available, knowledge would be great.
    I need help with snow tires right now. LOL

Comment

Re: let's talk tires

Originally posted by trinc
      threads that were reviews by the rider themselves - with no other BS.
      This is something that we actually just began discussing, a review forum for products for the Kats....... what are you, a mind reader
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

These people, I tell ya, did Z change their access or somethin? Great minds all think alike huh!

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
          These people, I tell ya, did Z change their access or somethin? Great minds all think alike huh!
          if there is a will - there is a way
          but sometimes it just comes down to payola

hey - someones gotta keep an eye on you clowns

tim

Comment

The Cyber Poet has an excellent tire write up that's been posted a few times with comments on the various tires he tested.
            Kyle

Comment

i don't think he has ridden the m1's, d208's, z6's, or diablos
              -rennsports,pilots, 014's etc.
              tim

Comment

if he didnt ride, im sure he knows atleast a novel's worth of material on it..

Comment

I don't know who in the world told you Diablos don't do well in the wet. They're sadly mistaken. They do wonderfully in the wet. As a matter of fact, they were actually engineered to perform well in wet conditions...

I believe Pilot Powers come in a 160/60, too... I just got a set of Powers yesterday. My gut told me not to, but I wanted to give them a try. We shall see how they do...

You can't go wrong with Diablos.
                  -Steve

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                    The Cyber Poet has an excellent tire write up that's been posted a few times with comments on the various tires he tested.
                    Oh yeah. THAT'S where the "Diablos don't do well in the wet" comment came from.
                    -Steve

Comment

hey Steve, i'd love to hear your opinion on the pilots. i was thinking about a set for the SV.

Comment

I got a set of Continental Conti Motion Sport Touring 150/70-17 rear and 120/70-17 front. I so far love them.
                        2004 KTM 525 EXC
                        2004 KTM 200 EXC
                        1990 Suzuki GSX600F
                        1978-1/2 AMF/H-D Low Rider 1200

Comment

I just replaced my factory set of Sportmax tires...with another set of Sportmax. I got 12,000 miles out of the first set, so I figured why not stick with the same. I got one size up for my 2005 Kat 750. I got 160/70-17s

Comment

Originally posted by dnelli View Post
                            I got a set of Continental Conti Motion Sport Touring 150/70-17 rear and 120/70-17 front. I so far love them.
                            I've run 6 or 7 sets of Motions with no issues. even the 170/60R17. predictable even in the rain. I get 5K miles on rear. Got 6K miles on PR2 Michelin. I didn't like the PR3. I just installed a Metzeler and it's too soon to know how that works. Seems ok. My next set I think I'll fork out for PR4s.
                            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I put on some 150/70-17 rear and 120/70-17 front Metzeler radials on my '96 Katana and it handles better than ever! It bridges the best of the good 'ol days with the new tire technology!

Comment

Working...
                              X