X

Remove the kickstand safety switch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove the kickstand safety switch

Hi guys i want to know how i can remove the kickstand switch, because my kickstand got loose and when im riding the bike turn off and i need to stop and start the engine again or maybe the kickstand can set well,

I took some pictures thinking if some of this screws can help me to set well the kickstand.

This is the front view

And this is the rear view, and if i adjust that screw on the red circle the kickstand could be set well?

Last edited by DarksikGSXF; 07-26-2017, 10:38 AM.

Tomorrow if I'm able to I will post a pic of mine. I just bought the bike, the previous owner did it and I didn't. I get why your doing it but if I had that problem I would probably fix it or make something to keep it from falling down.
    But we're mostly all adults here and I'll try and post what has been done on mine
    Bye I can't see your pics or anyone else's, says I need to enable 3rd party hosting. Not sure if it's photobucket or this site has a setting that I need to change

Comment

Originally posted by rperry03 View Post
      Tomorrow if I'm able to I will post a pic of mine. I just bought the bike, the previous owner did it and I didn't. I get why your doing it but if I had that problem I would probably fix it or make something to keep it from falling down.
      But we're mostly all adults here and I'll try and post what has been done on mine
      Bye I can't see your pics or anyone else's, says I need to enable 3rd party hosting. Not sure if it's photobucket or this site has a setting that I need to change
      The pictures are hosted on photobucket idk why u can't see the pictures

Comment

Photobucket wants $399 a year to allow you to post pics on to a third party web page. I'm moving mine now.

Use the search on your stand issue. There is a fix for that, you install a shim washer to the stand. Tightens thing up.
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 07-25-2017, 11:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I tried shimming mine but it was to far gone, ended up the bestest thing to do was weld the stand and then discovered I also needed to weld the frame bracket as it had worn right into there also from behind.
          “Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
          Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
          ― Douglas Adams

Comment

Never seen it that bad.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

IDK if this'll work I originally welded it on the bike but by chance atm is off being painted

“Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
              Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
              ― Douglas Adams

Comment

I would of welded the stand bracket holes shut and redrilled new holes. I guess you'll see soon enough.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                X