Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
    Oh, wow, my first sticky! I am honored.
    First sticky? Welcome to puberty!
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting," Holy sh*t!!! What a ride!!!"

Comment

Great!!!

For the wifey, newbie and a freeken liar about riding in her past... I looked for the lightest bike with a decent torque rating. The katana 600 was just a bit too heavy and the ergos just weren't right for her... She chose the Ninja 650R and has done great on the bike in the last two years. Still freaks me out that she's riding and doing so great and yessss I'm still ascared for her... I remember my Mom giving me lectures about being careful and now I know how she felt, LoL... Anyhow a SS bike is not a begginer bike by any means, not forgiving in handling or throttle response, they fly... Now on the other hand I'm not sure what the new GSXR600 with the mode switch would be like but still those bikes make some great midrange power...
      "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

that is pretty good!!

Comment

the unfortunate truth is that only experienced riders are reading it
          1991 GSX600F
          1977 KZ750B
          1980 CB900C

Comment

Originally posted by pistolpete View Post
            the unfortunate truth is that only experienced riders are reading it
            yeah you are probably right. the new riders are still trying to convince them self that the don't want to buy a small bike they will outgrow or that they can learn properly on a 600 sportbike
            92 GSXF750
            83 nighthawk

Comment

I think this is a great article.

I have tryed and tryed to convince my friends who just got bikes to stick to a smaller cc engine. Even a 600. One got a cbr1000rr and the other an 1100 zzr.... so much for educating people and starting out slow....

i cant immagine getting a cbr1000rr for my first bike. I dont even think i could handle it now and ive been riding for a year

Comment

thanks for posting an amazing article, although i seem to have read it a week late. i just got a '96 600f as my first bike, so far so good. i am going to print some copies of the article to give to my buddies, especially the ones who told me not to bother with a 250.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                  I think this is a great article.

I have tryed and tryed to convince my friends who just got bikes to stick to a smaller cc engine. Even a 600. One got a cbr1000rr and the other an 1100 zzr.... so much for educating people and starting out slow....

i cant immagine getting a cbr1000rr for my first bike. I dont even think i could handle it now and ive been riding for a year
                  Hey Edbean, let me know when they crash so I can pick up a new bike cheap.

Comment

^ i already called dibs man haha

Comment

great read . .as a newcommer there are alot of things i didnt even realize to ask that were answerd in this article .. i have unfortunatly bought myself a gs600f as my first bike already .. otherwise i might have gone smaller .. i have to admit i wasnt lookign for a sport bike but it came up and didnt think there was a big issue .. i will just try to heed all advise given and take it easy . .

Comment

I got a GSXF600 as my first bike and have been loving every second of it since.....
                        I am a Penn State fanatic.
                        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I have been riding a Honda CRF 150 F for about a year and some change and def ride the hell out of in off road and around the neighborhood on blacktop. I am looking to get a bike this summer and think that i would like to get a kat 600. I have ridin a friends Ninja 250 (08) and it felt like a toy i meen it was the first time i ever riddin on the street and i was twistin the throttle all the way. I think that i will get board with the 250 my first week. What do yall think? Do you think i will be better off geting a kat? (I am 5 foot 8 125lbs)

Adam

Comment

Kat 600 won't have a stupid abundance of power- but all that plastic is gonna break your heart the first time you driveway drop it and get massive cracking.
                            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                              Kat 600 won't have a stupid abundance of power- but all that plastic is gonna break your heart the first time you driveway drop it and get massive cracking.
                              Thats why i am getting a used one. (and also cuz i am broke as a joke

Comment

Very Nice article.

Comment

Working...
                                X