No announcement yet.
X

Bike runs like poo on a temp tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand the theory of using the smoke and carb cleaner, thanks. However, with these bikes the smoke method is going to be difficult as it would be hard to get the smoke close enough to potential leaks to be able to see it get sucked in. In addition, if is a vacuum leak, like the petcock like, or a cap on a sync port, it is less likely that carb cleaner/starting fluid is going to cause the change in rpms that you would see with an air leak, like say the carbs are quite seated right in the intake boots.

I guess the real test would be to switch out your temp fuel source with a different one. If the problem goes away, you know you need a different aux fuel supply, if it stays, you aren't getting all the required hoses blocked.
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah thats what I was thinking because it is fine right now on the Kat tank so I think I need to find a different temp tank.

Comment

Go on craigslist and find some old random dirtbike tank. They work well.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
          Go on craigslist and find some old random dirtbike tank. They work well.
          That would be a great idea but the Craiglist options around here suck but Ill get something when I need it again I still have until May before I can ride 100% anyway

Comment

I used the kat tank set up on a black and decker folding work bench next to the bike (left side)....bought a section of gas line from the auto shop, removed the small section of hose from the petcock to the filter and replaced with said section of new hose. I put the pet cock on prime and had no issues for the time the synch took. The tank is slightly higher than the bike.
            2004 GSX750F

Comment

Thanks for the ideas guys but I guess it actually has some other issue with it I just went out and started it and it ran awful so I guess I get to tare it apart again and see if I see anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by djdaredevil View Post
                Thanks for the ideas guys but I guess it actually has some other issue with it I just went out and started it and it ran awful so I guess I get to tare it apart again and see if I see anything else.
                Replace the vacuum line that goes from the petcock to the carb and see if that helps.

Comment

I will as soon as I can. Right now I am to frustrated to mess with it.
                  This all started because it took forever to warm up and ran like crap cold so I pulled and cleaned what looked to be clean carbs but I cleaned them anyway following everything in 102. I also cleaned the plugs as they looked like they had alot of life in them still, and they were nice and brown colored. Also went a head and did the coil relay mod and that went from 11.xx to 12.4 ish volts. Now it seems like everything is worse than before.

So I guess its new plugs,wires,and vac hose for the petcock.
                  I wish some of you guys were closer I feel like a loner in Michigan

Comment

Working...
                  X