X

Tire Recommendations for 750Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Recommendations for 750Kat

Has anyone had experience with Continental Road Attack tires? I am looking at these or Metzler RoadTec Z6s. Thanks

UPDATE - thanks for all the input, put down $235 (installed) for Diablos,,should have them on by next week
    Last edited by PepeBouchard; 02-27-2008, 08:45 PM.
    sigpic
    Pepe Bouchard

get the Diablo's

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Both tires are five stars tires they are great choices
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I currently use the Road Attacks. Can't say enough about them. Super grip and over all great handling. Gave me a lot more confidence taking the corners. A+++
        Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Comment

I have enjoyed the road-attacks also. I don't think you can go wrong getting road-attacks or z6's
          myspace
          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I still like the Tomahawks. And I know few do.
            Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
            '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
            '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
            '11 Kawasaki KLR650
            I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

I got a set of diablo's late last year and they've behaved beautifully so far. Can't speak to the durability of them yet but they still look new after a few hundred miles.
              Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead.

In a world ruled by Swine, All pigs are up-wards mobile.
              -Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Rubber or some compound of sort will work make sure you get the right size...nothing too hard or too soft..black preferably because it goes good with any color bike...

Check out the Tire section of this site...lots of good information there...also check out Cyber's site...look at his signature the links there....good luck..
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I've had the Road attacks, excellent tire. Now I have the Z6'S on and that is also an excellent tire so you can't go wrong with either. I think the Z6's were rated just a little better than the Road attacks in the rain.
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Fader View Post
                    I still like the Tomahawks. And I know few do.
                    i had those and will never have them again

Comment

I'm getting a set of the M6's

I currently run a set of Bridgestone Battlax (PO's choice) and they suck. It's a shame though because they're brand new. Maybe I'll sell them on fleabay or something.

Do what Jax suggested and check out out Tire Talk forum and CyberPoet's tire selection guide for the Katanas. You won't regret it.
                      My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

IMHO:
                        The Z6's will last a whole lot longer in NM than the Conti's because of how each tire builds heat. Both will do perfectly fine for the kind of roads & situations you find there.
                        You'd also be perfectly well suited to the Pirelli Diablo Stradas, which while they don't move quite as much water, are basically the same in every other respect to the Z6's (even down to being built in the same factory a couple production lines over).

Thus, IMHO, for New Mexico in specific, the real question should be: which can I get onto the bike cheaper -- a brand new set of Metzeler Z6's or a brand new set of Pirelli Diablo Stradas (go 120/70ZR17 and 150/70ZR17 on either). You can mail order either pair for under $240, and then tack on whatever local mounting is, but before you do that, make sure you calculate whether it would be cheaper to buy locally (many shops discount mounting on tires you buy from them; in some areas [WV comes to mind], shops won't mount tires you didn't buy from them).

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I put a set of Metzler Z6 tires on my 750 last fall and absolutely loved them. I put about 600 miles on them so far and they improved the feel of the bike tremendously. I had a pair of cheap tires on it before, so probably anything was an upgrade, but I have had no problems with these at all, and I would highly recommend them.

Comment

my personal favs are the dunlap qualifiers, that dont last long but there sticky and warm up fast
                            2nd choice PP

a friend runs the PP road they have lasted him 8 or 9 thousand miles

Comment

I know this wasn't one of your initial choices, but I have to agree with the other folks mentioning the Diablo Stradas. I went from the stock rubber to a set of Diablos and almost everything about the ride improved drastically; rain or shine, I feel confident every time I ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X