X

Ozark Run Post Ride Report .... With a few Pix Post 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozark Run Post Ride Report .... With a few Pix Post 2

The scenery on Friday was just awesome the BufRiv pic is just one of the examples.

Firday saw me headed South of the Ark River down Hwy 27 to Mount Ida then back up and across 298 to Hwy 7 North. About 6 hours of turn after turn riding. I met up with these guys that were a bit surprised at the Kat rolling in right behind them. See Riders 1 & 2 pics.

Sunday saw me headed North up Hwy 27 to 16 to 65 to 27 to 14 to 341. I should state the 341 known to the locals as Push Mtn Road. This road was 35 miles of pure riding bliss. Got some serious scuff marks out on the edges of the stock rubber here. See Riders 3 pic below. And the scenery well just as awesome as what you have already seen. Wanna see all the pix well you either have to come see me or wait to see if the book gets published. All together I could route you through this area for 4 - 8 hours per day and rarely have you on the same road twice (other than getting to and from starting point). I didn't get a chance to ride what is know as the Arkansas Dragon (Hwy 123) but will do so next time in the area.

Thread to post number 1

Attached Files
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Thats awsume, 40 glad you had a great time! I have rode alot of the arkansas road's and I think they are some of the best roads in the US. Hopefully we can meet up on the next trip you take
    "I wanna go fast"

Comment

Those roads are written about a few times a year by the various magazines and they all say it is absolute awesome riding!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Awesome is a serious understatement
        If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

I can't believe I live in the middle of this. I have always ridden quads and dirtbikes and I've ALWAYS wanted to go to glamis or pismo or sumthin like that.
          I CAN'T BELIEVE I LIVE IN STREETBIKE HEAVEN!!
          anybody that wants to can just ask -- I've thought that these roads were **** my whole life cuz I was always in a car -- But I know now. I am a one-man gps for the best riding in the central u.s.
          and with some luck I'll be taking some of the lucky ones with me to show my secrets to
          89 kat 750 turned kat 1157
          soon to be 89 GSX1157R
          01 bandit 1200 motor
          36mm cv carbs
          89 gsxr750 "dot" head (coming soom)...**** ebay
          89 gsxr750 cams (coming soon)...**** ebay
          modded yosh exhaust
          PPG Viper GTS blue
          EBC HH pads F&R
          Pirelli Diablo strada tires
          shovel chopped (I didn't do it, but I gotta fix it)
          ...and pods

Comment

Originally posted by JHONNY_ICE_420 View Post
            I can't believe I live in the middle of this. I have always ridden quads and dirtbikes and I've ALWAYS wanted to go to glamis or pismo or sumthin like that.......
            [threadjack] Glamis is worth the trip, Pismo not so much anymore due to the constantly shrinking riding area there. If you want to try a coastal dune riding area, check out Coos Bay, OR (where Boxcar Hill is located). Some of the fastest quads on the planet show up at Boxcar Hill over holiday weekends from Memorial Day-through Labor Day. IF you get bored there, it's just a short trip up the highway to Florence, which has a lot of longer flat areas great for top speed runs, or a little further to the Sandlake dune riding area that has some nice bowls and tree shots.
            [/threadjack]
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

why you gotta make me hurt like that?
              If i win the lotto, I'll put 10k into my shee and drag it out there
              89 kat 750 turned kat 1157
              soon to be 89 GSX1157R
              01 bandit 1200 motor
              36mm cv carbs
              89 gsxr750 "dot" head (coming soom)...**** ebay
              89 gsxr750 cams (coming soon)...**** ebay
              modded yosh exhaust
              PPG Viper GTS blue
              EBC HH pads F&R
              Pirelli Diablo strada tires
              shovel chopped (I didn't do it, but I gotta fix it)
              ...and pods

Comment

Heading back to that area on June 5th, 2009. Going to ride some more of the best roads in that area and some favorites again. Hope you get the Kat fixed so you can join us and help in letting us know the better roads.

Comment

Working...
                X