KatRiders Rally West - Planning a trip for next spring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acf1073 wrote

count me in....how many days total?
    We are talking about 14 to 21 days total trip time.

We are aslo doing an Ozark run Sept 28-Oct 1 2007 if interested in that one also.
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

The California leg will probably only be 5 or 6 days.
      Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

oh yeah....the ozark run is a definate....thats only a few short hours from where i am located.

i will try to make both of them if my kat aint dead by that time.....lol
        I RIDE FOR A LIVING...WHAT ABOUT YOU??

Comment

Do you guys think I should start a thread on the Ozark run?????
          If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!....JUST REMEMBER...EUREKA SPRINGS ARKANSAS

Seasoned travelers know that there is no other town quite like Eureka Springs, Arkansas. If you are within 100 miles of Eureka in your travels, you owe it to yourself to visit. You won't regret it.

Comment

Not going through there on this run. To touriesty

Reviving this thread

Comment

its really not,.....its a tiny town with a great amosphere....i been there on a bike before and its great

Comment

You are right it is a nice town, but having been there several times (I grew up in Ark) there are much prettier rides. I have planned what will be some great riding roads and great scenery.

Ozark Trip Thread http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32983

Comment

sounds good to me

Comment

Originally posted by TT120
                      Gotcha. we got Tdrcomm wanting to go from this side. Thats 2 of us so far.
                      I've been planning a similar trip. Heck, that could be perfect timing. Let me know what day we would leave. I would like to visit Portland. I'll probably head into Vancouver Canada after the meet up...

Comment

sleekkatanarider wrote

I've been planning a similar trip. Heck, that could be perfect timing. Let me know what day we would leave. I would like to visit Portland. I'll probably head into Vancouver Canada after the meet up...
                        Just keep checking back as new info comes available it will get posted. I hope to post the basic route trip from the Kansas City area in a month or so. Still doing some research on some things so it may take a bit longer than that as we are planning the Ozark run for late Sept.

Comment

I'll be trying to organize things on this side of the country but I have no experience with long rides so I'll probably need some help with the route and times and such.

I have a friend in Oregon that I'll want to visit on the way so I'll have to plan to break off for a day and meet back up somewhere along the way.
                          Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

I might be game,depending if i go to the rally or not. But i would be able to meet up in South Dakota somewhere

Comment

For those interested in this run right now I am looking to head west around the first week of June but not 100% sure on that yet. In the next few weeks I will be researching campgrounds in the Washington State area. If anyone knows of a good place especially a good US Forest Service Campground in some good MTN riding areas there please let me know.

Update on getting the Kat ready for the trip:

GIVI hard side cases and top cases installed. Corbin seat will be next option. Rosta cruise control will be 2nd.

Gonna fab some bar risers and hwy pegs at low cost so not counting these in major funding areas.

Hope to meet some of you this summer.

Comment

where to is Washington State and Oregon. Want to ride the US National Forests and Mountains in those areas. I only have 2 agenda items on this run I want to ride through the Wenatchee National Forest (personal reason I will explain in person) and Mount St. Helen's area as I have seen some pics and want to see it in person.

What Route : This is kind of open thought I would talk to anyone that wants to go and we can plan if they want, but as far as I go I usually take state roads to the area seeing things of interest. In this case I was thinking about going through the Black Hills and seeing Mt. Rushmore and the Crazy Horse monument then head west through Idaho and on to the areas I want to ride. Spend as much time riding in the mentioned states then taking the highways back home hoping to arrive about 36 hours before I have to go back to work. I am flexible I can take 16 days up to 18 days for this trip. Boss has a hard time approving more consecutive time off.

What Speeds do I ride I am not a knee dragger and tend to ride within the posted limits especially on roads that I am not familiar with. On the freeway runs I tend to run about 5 over or with the flow of traffic which ever is safer. Definitely always keep it in double digits.

If you would like to meet somewhere between your place and mine to talk and do some route planning let me know.

Comment

Working...
                                X