Joey's POS to Sexy beast thread.. :D

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I carry gen4 17

Comment

thats hilarious. i just picked up a gen2 22. glad there's some glock love in the group

Comment

Trying to get a gun here is fu*king stupid....I'm going to drive to Az and get one or two.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Update: 7-9-15

Bought a RF900R rear adjustable shock ok eBay today for $47.50 shipped. Not too bad of a deal. Love sniping parts
          Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

UPDATE: 7-10-15

I took a roll of shop towels, a bunch of engine degreaser, and a toothbrush to the externals of the engine and gave it a decent wash. When I am ready to start putting gaskets and such back in I am going to power wash it but got sick of getting super grimy while working.

I placed the new transmission in and hand shifted a few times and it seems to be flawless

I sprayed most everything with fogging oil and covered the parts because I am going to Florida for a week. I will continue to build and update this thread in about a week! This will be the last update until after 7-18-15.
            Follow my custom build thread! (check first post for major updates and to sell me parts!)

Free Parts

Comment

Your up late ....or early

Comment

Originally posted by magman View Post
                Your up late ....or early
                Late lol I tend not to sleep much. I just got done cleaning up the garage and parts because I was slacking on that lol.

Free Parts

Comment

BTW I was wrong yesterday when I said the oil was leaking between the bottom of the motor.
                  Here is a pic.
                  It doesn't look very wet in the picture so it might be hard to tell but it is leaking right between the things that go from dirty to clean looking whatever gasket that is I was going to try and fix it with some gasket maker just like the rtv.

Comment

Looks like the gasket between the heads and cylinders. Super easy fix. Pull the cams, then the heads, replace the gasket, and replace everything. Make sure the timing is proper. Will probably cost about 35 dollars.

If you need help let me know. Just make sure if you do it that you loosen the cams evenly and torque them properly and evenly when putting them back in. Take your time and you'll be fine.

You also wanna make sure the heads are not warped.

Again I have no responsibility on what you do to your bike. If you break it it's not my fault but I am more than willing to help you through it.

Free Parts

Comment

Lol good deal brother I appreciate it I think since its just a small leak I'm going to save it for this winter
                      Maybe by then you'll have enough extra parts stocked up I'll decide to do some extra work while I have it torn down and I'll just buy parts from you lol.

Comment

Lol good deal brother I appreciate it I think since its just a small leak I'm going to save it for this winter
                        Maybe by then you'll have enough extra parts stocked up I'll decide to do some extra work while I have it torn down and I'll just buy parts from you lol.
                        Lol probably! Hell you only live like 4-5 hours away. Maybe if I have time I'll come help you out. Depends on the time and such of course.

Free Parts

Comment

That would be awesome to meet another kat rider my best friend since high school makes fun of me for riding a katana but he rides a ninja 300 so I tell him mine might not be as pretty as his bike but ill smoke him any day.

Comment

That would be awesome to meet another kat rider my best friend since high school makes fun of me for riding a katana but he rides a ninja 300 so I tell him mine might not be as pretty as his bike but ill smoke him any day.
                            LOL! I started on a 250 and it was fun but not enough power!

Free Parts

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoj112689 View Post
                              UPDATE: 7-8-15

I ordered a complete transmission on eBay for $55 shipped! Came with all gears, forks, drums, shift rod(idk the name) and everything down to the nuts holding the sprocket on. I got it in 2 days flat with free shipping.

Looks flawless and I am excited to get it in there. I will most likely not doing anything for about a week because I am going on vacation starting Saturday (7-11-15). I am going to order my gasket kit and should have the motor all put together about a week after my vacation! (pending shipping times for the gasket kit).

Pretty excited.

Then its on to the frame work!

lol, so you're the one who got my transmission. I was watching it and said once I split the case and see what's wrong I would order it. Yeah, that was a good deal.

Comment

Lol funny how that works out isn't it

Comment

Working...
                                X