Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

This is how COTA treats a world champion...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% agree.

Comment

Not too impressed with their face book page. Left a comment about their stupid move. I hope it bites them in the ass.
      Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
        Welp, yesterday when I read the SB Planet story, I was pissed. Sorry to my KR friends for my reaction and lack of tact. The old saying is, "dont' get mad, get even". If you are a Facebook user, please, go to Kevins FB page and offer a few words of support. Then, go to the CotA page and ask them to reconsider the error in judgement they have made in Kevins regard. Kevin has been one of the best "Past Champions" the sport has ever known. He has coached some of the best in the sport today through the Redbull series for youngsters coming into the sport. I've had the privilege to know his folks, Jim & Shirley Schwantz, and they are the reason Kevin has stayed as grounded as he has. Good people. Proud Texans that have been taken advantage of by the Circuit of the Americas. KR, Steve, Fred, thanks for letting me use this forum to speak my mind, Jim.
        Others have treated Kevin S with respect - This made him the second most successful American roadracer behind Eddie Lawson. In a rare display of respect, the FIM retired his racing number (34) as a testament to his popularity. CotA has a short memory. I wonder what Nicky Hayden thinks?
        Last edited by MinnKat600; 04-10-2013, 03:23 PM. Reason: Spelling error
        Jim; 2001 Kat 600 totalled - 2011, 2000 Katana 750 - sold 2013, - Currently riding a 2002 Yamaha FZ1 - - Next bike to be determined.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that none of the US GP riders are exactly thrilled with what has happened with KS, but the simple fact is they probably need to keep their mouths shut about it so they don't piss off Dorna....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Kevin Schwantz; "There's so much negative happening around motorcycling in my life right now, with all that's going on at the track, that I needed to remember what it was that I really love about motorcycle racing, about motorcycles in general. That is, how much fun they are to ride. That's why I started riding a motorcycle, because it's fun. That peace and that tranquility that I get when I put my helmet on, and nobody can tell me what's going wrong. And I still feel exactly the same way. I pull that chin strap tight - and I say it in my school every time I talk to students" - "We're on a racetrack. We're out here riding motorcycles. You put your helmet on, you pull that chin strap tight, there should be nothing but a smile on your face. Because what the hell else would you rather be doing?"
            Amen brother, thanks Kevin...

Comment

Can't keep a good driven man down. Kevin has turned worse situations around. From the Book "Grand Prix Motorcycle racers The American Heros" 1986 - In turn Suzuki UK was suppose to give Kevin a good bike for the match races." (McLaughlin) We get there, and they give us this clapped-out Tony Rutter bike. It was filthy, they like drug it off the Isle of Man. The first thing I did was shame the hell out of the UK guys for giving us this peice of s**t. They got a lot more intrested once Kevin got on the track and broke the speed record. Suddenly, we had a lot of support from Suzuki UK.

Comment

Wish I was close I would stop by.

Comment

Sweet! http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2013/Apr/130419mnwsz.htm

Comment

Working...
                  X