X

Yet another touring thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another touring thread

Ladies & Gents- looking to gain some intel before making a few purchases. As many of you know, I'm on an extended vacation and part of my coping mechanism is thinking about all the things I want to do to the Kat when I get home. Ultimate goal is to have a the closest thing I can have to a "comfort wh*re" version of the Kat. For those of you who don't know me, I'm 6'4" & 205lbs. Most of my height is in the torso, but years of running, rucking, and playing various sports have had their toll on my knees as well. I've come to peace with the little I can do about changing foot position, but I would like a more upright seating position without having to buy a new bike. So without further ado...

1st thing- Corbin gunfighter & lady. I've been really close to ordering it a few times, but then not done it. I've read several of the threads about it, just not quite sold on it to the tune of ~$600.

2nd thing- does anyone have experience with barbacks instead of just bar risers? I'm debating a 1" raise 1" bar-pullback versus a 2" bar riser. Anyone with experience/input?

3rd thing- rear end bag. Nothing big, just a weekender size for essentials. I'm not a big fan of saddlebags, no offense to anyone out there, they just aren't my thing aesthetically.

Thanks!

-Nathan
    sigpic
    "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

You've got a post-600, right? Try lurking on e-bay for a Corbin. Used ones in almost perfect condition can be had for less than $200.

As for the bars, try talking to SpecII about some Telefix bars. Ask them for a photo/drawing and about fitting your fork tubes. Their application chart doesn't say much about Kats but since the 600 has exposed fork tubes you should be able to put whatever clip-ons you want on there so long as they fit the tube size. I had Telefix bars on my '84 Interceptor and could adjust them all over the place. Up and back for touring and flip the tube clamps to push the bars forward and down for playing in the local area. Took one allen wrench to adjust them in any of three dimensions. Loved those things!
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

found a used corbin on ebay, good idea. Will have to see how it goes. I also went with the 2" bar risers from twistedthrottle. I kept the spree going with a new slip-on, a Vince SBK Oval Evo II. Looks like I just started a pair of projects.
      sigpic
      "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

just picked up a "Gears" Navigator tail bag last week. I've read some pretty good reviews on it, but haven't gotten a chance to sport it yet this season. It straps down easily, has a rain cover and has 52L of storage. I beleive Motorcycle - Superstore sells them for $99.
        -M

Comment

Working...
        X