X

is there an easier way to fix it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there an easier way to fix it?

hey all i recently purchased a 2003 katana gsx 600 and apparently the kid who had it before me let the chain get loose and fly off. when it came off it broke what i beleive is called the clutch push rod and i was wondering if there is an easier way to fix that other than splitting the case open?

The clutch push rod comes out with just the sprocket cover off. You may need to take the clutch cover and clutch out if he broke the rod off where you cant get to it.

But no, you shouldnt need to split the case. Just look for more damage when you have it apart, hopefully he didnt break the case.
    Originally posted by arsenic
    93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

welcome to KR

if you search "clutch chain broke " there are several threads for you to look at including pictures
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

thanks for the info hemikat ive taken a couple glances at it and was just a little confused. im sure i could figure it out but thought id talk to the experts first. yea i found one thread that the guy had the same problem but he had way more stuff tore up and the one thing he didnt explain how he fixed was that haha so im just snooping around for answers

Comment

i had same problem used a magnet to get it out didnt have to open clutch just took off rhe cover

Comment

Working...
          X