No announcement yet.
X

96 Katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rf forks are about 1 3/4" shorter than the B12 it lowered the front end quite a bit. That and a 90/80/17 front and a inch in the tree lowers the front end about 3 1/4". The only issue with the busa arm was the pivot tube it was 20mm to wide. Just cut it down 10mm per side and used bushing to make up the difference.

Thank you for the compliments and thank you for not noticing when I get by guys that know whats going on then I know I did my job. lol

Comment

Just ran across your thread again and was wondering if you had gotten anything new done to it?

Comment

I got the front end fitted and most of the body work straitened out. Still waiting for tabs to come in for the motor mounts.

I've got some bad parts that I had to work around but think I have it straitened out. Still need to come up with some little pieces(rubber grommets and things like that.) I'm going to lay up some carbon fiber. I will end up wrapping the whole frame with carbon. The tank shell will be carbon also.

I'll get some more pictures and update It's back down to almost frame now for the welding. Funds are low right now so it's going slow but I would like to have it running by February.

Comment

great looking project. i have a question. the busa swingarm bolted right up other than the pivot bolt that you said. if i were to get a busa swingarm i could just put it on with no modification other than the pivot bolt?

Comment

Originally posted by O.T. View Post
            . . . Funds are low right now so it's going slow but I would like to have it running by February.
            Did you get it up and running like you wanted to?

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
              Sometimes it's not about the end project... but the awesome insurance savings

Comment

Originally posted by 600katana96 View Post
                great looking project. i have a question. the busa swingarm bolted right up other than the pivot bolt that you said. if i were to get a busa swingarm i could just put it on with no modification other than the pivot bolt?
                No all the sub frame was cut away and this is for a drag only application. It could be made to work but a lot of fab would be involved.

It's pretty much shut down right now until I get back to work. I don't have anymore money to put into it right now and it makes me sick because I'm not that far away just can't spend on it right now.

Something will give soon and I'll get back on track.

Comment

What the status?
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing it got scrapped.

Comment

thats exactly what I was thinking

Comment

Working...
                      X