Pilot Power or Pilot Road 2??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Power or Pilot Road 2??

Lets hear it.

I like long rides with the occasional twisties. Its hard to find twisties in flat land, pot hole infested Ontario.

What do you guys think?

PR2 is more touring. PP is more sport. You have to choose how much of which aspect you want.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I ran Pilot Powers for 4 years (multiple sets), finally switched over to Pilot Roads (1st generation) as I commute daily on my bike and like long weekend rides.

The bike felt a little heavier (don't know why) in the cornering at first, but I have been able to drag my knees no problem with the Pilot Roads and I am getting a lot more mileage out of them.

My next set will be Pilot Roads again.

Comment

I went with the Avon Storm ST set for my Kat 750. After about 3K miles I can tell no wear and they corner very well. Just something to think about.
        If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Road pilots here ..very good choice ..love them like glue

Comment

This would probably be a better fit in the tire forum, but...

Lets get some info on what you are currently running.

If you have rain to deal with, the PR2's are absolutely the most brilliant sport touring tire I have ever run in the wet. (Avon Storm, Metz Z6, Dunlop Roadsmart, Pirelli Strada, Conti Force, Conti Road Attack.) They are also the most expensive tire I have run, and the PR2 does not feel like it has the ultimate dry grip. The dual compound is nice with the stickier rubber on the side, and nice and hard in the middle. They resist squaring as well as any tire I have seen if you are going to be seeing a fair amount of slab.

The PP's are going to be a waste of money unless you are going to be seeing lots of twisties.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
            X