X

Fork change

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork change

Does anyone know I can lengthen the forks by approximately 6 inches (150 ish mm) on my pre 750 ? I know this is the streetfighter section, but thought you're most likely to know.

Basically, my Kat is a survival type bike it would look better a bit higher at the front. Handling won't be a problem as I simply do not push my bike to any limits It will be shod with knobblies when finished !!

I have found fork diameter lists of various bikes online so it seems too easy to just get forks from a trail/enduro/trial bike and fit them to my triple trees. I would also no doubt need front wheel, brakes and spindle, but my trees will probably be the wrong spacing!! Speedo take off won't be needed.

Any ideas?

now this is a first. Hell no.......well, if you can find the correct 6" longer tubes and get custom springs made, I guess you could. They are 41mm in diameter.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Could I maybe just get longer fork tubes of the correct diameter and fit them? I found that one US supplier of longer fork tubes makes a spacer the same length as the added length of the fork tube so that the travel is the same !! It's an idea. But I don't think anyone offers this service in the UK.

Anyway, it's better than another carb question

Comment

No way your just going to add to a fork tube and be safe to ride...even if it was welded together.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

I believe the fork tube is made as a bespoke item made in one piece to whatever length the customer wants. The spacer part fitted internally on top of the fork spring so that the suspension was unaffected.

Comment

That would be your best bet....
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Interesting idea, but also keep in mind you will need custom length brake lines also.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

yes it already has longer brake lines as it has apehangers on which will be changed to Renthal type !!

Cheers All,

Comment

Apehangers on a kat? Huh. Pic?
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                    Apehangers on a kat? Huh. Pic?
                    If I had any interest in this before, it's gone now.

Comment

I'm sure you've seen pics of it before but here you are : Enjoy

Comment

I would never guess that was a Kat, that is what I would call Mad Max custom.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

OMG POS AWARD..
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                          X