X

Son of the budget supermoto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son of the budget supermoto

I had a chance to hit the track again this past weekend.

Pics of all the riders are at http://socalsupermoto.smugmug.com/Ot...2502&k=vN7Bk7n

A video of me following my friend on his Husqvarna 511. I've never rode so hard trying to keep up with someone.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sm2TAH7snM"]Supermoto Dogfight- Adams motorsports park - 11.30.2013 - YouTube[/nomedia]
    Last edited by curseboy; 12-03-2013, 12:30 PM.

I have a few friends who went through SoCal SuperMoto. They had a ton of fun doing it. Once I've gotten enough miles under my belt once I start riding my Katana I plan on going through the school as well.

My friend actually bought a DRZ because of that school.
    First motorcycle - new project
    1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Originally posted by MEngineer View Post
      I have a few friends who went through SoCal SuperMoto. They had a ton of fun doing it. Once I've gotten enough miles under my belt once I start riding my Katana I plan on going through the school as well.

My friend actually bought a DRZ because of that school.
      You can also go through the sportbike fundamental's schools, same organization. It's a blast either way.

I did the school once, then hit ebay in order to get my crf230 supermoto'd....it's a hoot.

Comment

Your lines are much better than his. No disrespect to him, but the only thing he has on you is HP. In the years that I owned my DRZ, I must have said the word "hoot" at least a thousand times to discribe that bike. Carry on my friend...

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun! You definitely had him in the twisties, good riding!

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
            Your lines are much better than his. No disrespect to him, but the only thing he has on you is HP. In the years that I owned my DRZ, I must have said the word "hoot" at least a thousand times to discribe that bike. Carry on my friend...
            Here's the irony....My buddy actually races an SV650, and on a proper road course he hands me my ass (me on my R6)... but here, he struggles getting the bike stopped for the hairpins, often going wide.

That and my bike is used and cheap. His is new and $$$$! I don't think he wants to push too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by curseboy View Post
              Here's the irony....My buddy actually races an SV650, and on a proper road course he hands me my ass (me on my R6)... but here, he struggles getting the bike stopped for the hairpins, often going wide.

That and my bike is used and cheap. His is new and $$$$! I don't think he wants to push too hard.

I believe this phenomenon is a powerful force on the track. Seen it play out time and time again, and often it involves an SV650.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blackie View Post
                I believe this phenomenon is a powerful force on the track. Seen it play out time and time again, and often it involves an SV650.
                In our case, tires play a role....I've always been on street tires, him on stickier race tires. On equal equipment, I think it would be a pretty good scrap!

Comment

looks like a ton of fun! I agree with superbike too, I think you could of took him several times in the corners if his line was more predictable. At a few minutes in he proves that after the straight an he was goin wide an you did the friendly thing an not clip him which results in you getting passed by the couple guys behind ya. Nice vid though!

So your on a crf230 an your buddy on a husq 511? What do the other fellas ride? Is it just one mixed class?
                  94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

the track splits time between carts and bikes. This particular day there was only 1 kart, so he'd go out about 20 min, then bikes for 20 and so on.

A supermoto school runs all sessions (on DRZ400s) plus there are a number of other people on 450s, 250s, 650s, and basically any type of dirt bike that will take a non-dirt tire. Most of the "regular" riders are former school students.

Comment

Working...
                    X