No announcement yet.
X

HWY Pegs on a post Kat 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a modular helmet to eat the sammiches while in motion , though . Not saying it CAN'T be done ....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

First Ride Initial Reaction

We got a break in the weather today so I took the Kat out to try the bar risers and the hwy pegs for the first time.

Bar Risers - Like them a lot really relaxes the riding position should help a ton on the trip this summer.

HWY Pegs - Took the Kat around some curves not far from the house that I usually rail pretty good. Couldn't try them at normal speeds due to still having some sand on the pavement, but I was able to take one of the 25mph corners at around 45 and the pegs did not drag even though a quick glance down did show them as close. I think for touring duty they will be OK but further testing is in order. The only time I managed to get these to drag was making a left hand turn onto another road. At this intersection the road slopes away downhill and it you are making a left hard parts drag pretty easy as I have managed to drag the stock riding pegs here a few times. All in all not bad but more testing to complete. As to the comfort factor not bad either. As many here know that a mod may seem pretty good when the bike is on the center stand but on the road becomes something quite different. Testing here for a couple of short distances was good also. The riding position when using the pegs is quite comfy.

Hope you enjoyed the update.
      If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Well he stopped by my house today to show off his stuff.
        Looks prety good, I took it around the bloke to see how it works and I am amazed how good it feels but its a little short for me, after all Im 6'2

Comment

Where did you find the bar risers ? I saw another thread where some were developed and made but they only worked on the 600's due to the difference of assembly at the triple tree. Just wondering bc i would be interested in finding some for my 750.
          2005 Katana 750 Traded 04/08
          2008 Concours 14
          www.myspace.com/nc_kat750

Comment

Working...
          X