X

petcock problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petcock problem

Not knowing the settings, I have ran this bike in prime for a few thousand miles and it runs like a champ. It also runs very well in reserve. But when I put it in the On position, the bike starves for fuel in about a mile. What gives and whats stopping me from driving it in prime, like I have done in the past?

If the floats are doing what they SHOULD be doing , NOTHING'S stopping you from riding in prime . However ......
    And MAYBE the tube that is the "on" circuit has some junk lodged in it . You COULD try taking the petcock off and seeing if that tube is clear . Or the holes in the petcock body from said tube . Only thing I can think of if it's fine in reserve .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

the PO "fixed" the petcock on my 750. uh huh, managed to get it back together upsidedown. not to wonder it worked goofy
      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

sounds like it could be a vacuum problem with the vac line or the auto off valve on the petcock.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
        X