X

Another Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Issue

Alright so I have fixed my Clutch and it is working great! Now I have another problem. I was out riding around last night and I jumped on the interstate to go see a friend. I was going around 70mph and all of a sudden my bike lost all it power. Meaning the tach dropped to 0, the lights cut off, and the engine died. I pulled the bike to the side of the road and tried to start the bike. When I turned the key to the "On" position the lights did not come on and nothing on the instrument cluster lights up. My first thought was the CDI might have gone bad but I am not sure. Does anyone have any ideas? I am going to take the plastics off today and start checking the fuses but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Battery terminal?
    Bike is sold

Comment

sounds the the battery or charging equpiment. but i would look at the fuses 1st

Comment

Im sorry I forgot to mention that was the first thing I checked once I pulled the bike off the side of the road and all the connections to the battery were nice and tight. I had also charged the battery on a trickle charger for about 8 hours prior to going on this ride.

Comment

Try this, it might help:

CyberPoet's Motorcycle Electrical Charging System & Battery Diagnostics and Troubleshooting guide

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Didn't Sexwax just go through this?...
            "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

Working...
            X