How to paint a seat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome.
    Just what I was looking for
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    If you can't eat it, or hump it.
    pi ss on it and walk away

Comment

It came out great! Although the purple wasn't bad, very Prince, made me ready to purify myself in the waters of Lake Minetonka.

Comment

I like it, it turned out well!
        In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

if the prep is done right it will last SEM is good stuff

I have done 6+ seats the same way & the only issue I have had was a superhawk sargent seat it had yellow piping & was dyed all black ... 2 years after I dyed it 1 speck of the yellow shows through.. I blame myself with "bad" prep
          sigpic
          89 Katana -94 Katana
          02 CBR F4i - 07 VFR 800
          03 SuperHawk (sold) -
          84 VF500f

Comment

Originally posted by Big3 View Post
            if the prep is done right it will last SEM is good stuff

I have done 6+ seats the same way & the only issue I have had was a superhawk sargent seat it had yellow piping & was dyed all black ... 2 years after I dyed it 1 speck of the yellow shows through.. I blame myself with "bad" prep
            So far so good, around 8k miles now.
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
            Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
            R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
            1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
            RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
            3BBB turn signal mirrors,
            Black painted seat and rear trim,
            Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Great Job ,Looks better

Never thought of that before . Nice write up .. It does look 100 times better
              I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

Originally posted by Irish View Post
                Never thought of that before . Nice write up .. It does look 100 times better
                what he said.
                never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I like this, might have to give it a try...

Comment

this is exactley how you are supposed to dye vinyl.. good job. i use these products almost every day. but i dont use it on areas that get constant wear. im curious how long this will last.

Comment

is this stickied as yet? Good write up. I have a corbin that I want to paint. Would the process be the same?
                      -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pitboss View Post
                        this is exactley how you are supposed to dye vinyl.. good job. i use these products almost every day. but i dont use it on areas that get constant wear. im curious how long this will last.
                        It bonds with the vinyl... it's permanent, doesn't wear like "paint" or anything. I've yet to see it worn off in any situation where your not damaging the vinyl to start with.

I'm showing no signs of wear on my seats...

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
                        is this stickied as yet? Good write up. I have a corbin that I want to paint. Would the process be the same?
                        If the seat cover is vinyl, exactly the same...

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                          It bonds with the vinyl... it's permanent, doesn't wear like "paint" or anything. I've yet to see it worn off in any situation where your not damaging the vinyl to start with.

I'm showing no signs of wear on my seats...

If the seat cover is vinyl, exactly the same...

Krey
                          Thanks, sorry for my ignorance...for some reason I thought the corbin was leather. My bad
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
                            Thanks, sorry for my ignorance...for some reason I thought the corbin was leather. My bad

I don't know... that's why I said "if it's vinyl..."...

Lets me check Corbin's website...

Saddle and backrest come standard with genuine leather seating panels in your choice of colors and styles.
                            Looks like it is leather, and no... this post would be for vinyl. Leather should be dyed with leather dye. There are products to do that with.

For example...

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/home/department/leather-dye/2600-01.aspx

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the input bro. I was thinking about painting the pillon seat and/or the piping of the corbing seat to a blue color. Now I know where to start.
                              sigpic

Comment

great stuff keep it up

Comment

Working...
                                X