X

r6 shock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r6 shock

ive read on here in several places of people putting an r6 shock on there kat..... i gotta buddy whos got one hes wanting to give me now i have a few different questions.... #1 do i have to mod anything on the bike/shock to fit.
    #2 what years r6 shock will fit....
    #3 hes also willing to give me the swingarm...... how much modding will that require or will that even work

#1- 06 and 07 shocks get close enough to the battery box to require some tweaking. All fitting years will require bushings to adapt the 12mm bottom bolt to the kat's 10mm bolt.

#2- 06 to 09 fit as far as I know. I haven't seen the 2010 model. The 08-09 ones seem to be the best ones for it.

#3- If you're a good fabricator and looking for a project, give it a try. Otherwise I'd pass on it.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by poscarguy View Post
      ive read on here in several places of people putting an r6 shock on there kat..... i gotta buddy whos got one hes wanting to give me now i have a few different questions.... #1 do i have to mod anything on the bike/shock to fit.
      #2 what years r6 shock will fit....
      #3 hes also willing to give me the swingarm...... how much modding will that require or will that even work
      I don't know yet on the swingarm, but give me some time... The project for BadFaerie's bike is to put a R1 or R6 suspension and wheels on her 95 Pre 600 Kat.... This may not happen till this winter, but it's in the plans...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X