X

2006 slip on question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 slip on question

I am looking for a slip on exhaust for my 06 750, but a lot of listings I am finding only list 98-05 models or 98-03models. Is there a difference in the 2006? I really like the Vance and Hines SS2R, but I would like to know if it would fit properly.

Thanks for any help.

the 98 to 06 should all fit.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
      the 98 to 06 should all fit.
      Fred is correct, any thing from 98+ will fit. The EPA crap changed in 04, they included a cat in the stock muffler. So an after market slip on will not have that, thus to get by EPA crap, they don't list them for your year. It will fit just fine.

Comment

thanks guys you"ve been much help!

Comment

Keep in mind too if you see one listed for a 600, it will fit too.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

yup

Comment

Another question too. Are most of the aftermarket mid pipes smaller n diameter than the factory pipe. My stock mid pipe is 2.5" and my friends scorpion is like a 2"?

Comment

No they are usually the same size. I needed a new gasket connector though with the Scorpion since it moved too much with the old one. You will also need some high temp sealant too so there are no leaks.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

KS where did you get the gasket, and sealer?
                  25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

Ron Ayers for the gasket €connector and Autozone sells the high temp RTV sealant. It is the red stuff. Let it dry though for at least 24 hours though.

Comment

Working...
                    X