X

Icon Recon pants complaint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Recon pants complaint

I have read many reviews and seen plenty of people posting on here about how Icon's pants run small. Knowing that I purchased a pair of Icon Recon pants in a size 32 because I normally wear a size 31. The only other option would have been to buy a size 30 and I was afraid they would be too small.

Well.. I purchased my pants brand new off of Ebay (real cheap) and when they got here I tried them on. They were way too big. To top it off the seller has a strict no return policy and said that I should have made sure to purchase the right size. (Here comes negative feedback for them!)

Has anyone else out there had a similar experience with Icon's jeans? Does anyone think that they might shrink in the wash?

Either that or does someone want to buy them off of me? I bought them for $60 and would let them go for that too, plus shipping of course. They sell for $80 at Ridegear.com

Bryan

Well maybe it's just me but if the seller stated the no return policy on the auction you have NO right to leave negative feedback!! If it was on the auction, it was your fault for not doing your research well enough. I know it is a tough pill to swallow, but you were not forced to buy the pants "cheap" from that auction, you took a risk and lost out. I would be pissed if I received negative feedback for a policy I had clearly stated. Lesson learned, do your research. I am sure I will get flamed for this opinion but whatever. But if the policy was NOT stated then leave a big nasty negative feedback comment
    Kirk

Comment

32 is the waist right? whats the inseam?

Comment

Originally posted by dauriek
        Well maybe it's just me but if the seller stated the no return policy on the auction you have NO right to leave negative feedback!! If it was on the auction, it was your fault for not doing your research well enough. I know it is a tough pill to swallow, but you were not forced to buy the pants "cheap" from that auction, you took a risk and lost out. I would be pissed if I received negative feedback for a policy I had clearly stated. Lesson learned, do your research. I am sure I will get flamed for this opinion but whatever. But if the policy was NOT stated then leave a big nasty negative feedback comment
        Kirk
        +1
        It's not the sellers responsibility to make sure the pants fit you, and if bid on an auction that stated "no returns", no one is as fault but you.

Worst case scenario - you turn around and sell them on ebay and look for a smaller size. There's a place here locally that has a HUGE selection of gear, but I will not buy from them (personal reasons). So I go in, try on what I want, and then buy from newenough.com or ebay.

Long Live the D

Comment

no,no,no dude haven't you seen the rap videos lately. thats how they should fit man, you are suppose to show half of your boxer shorts man

joke

Comment

Originally posted by dauriek
            Kirk

No.. you're right.. I think I was still just a little mad when I posted my first post. I probably won't leave negative feedback. But you'd think that they'd at least offer an exchange if something didn't fit as planned.

Unfortunately, unlike paradoxmd I don't have anywhere near by that has a big selection of riding gear to try on. That's why I resorted to flee-bay to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM
              It isn't posted on the pants but according to a couple of different websites the inseam is 33.

Comment

You can check www.rideicon.com this is the manufacturers website...Have you thought to make them over pants...If you can fit with another pair of pants under them then you can use them to go to work??? Just a thought...
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                  You can check www.rideicon.com this is the manufacturers website...Have you thought to make them over pants...If you can fit with another pair of pants under them then you can use them to go to work??? Just a thought...
                  Unfortunately, I work offshore, and when I go I have to take nearly 100 lbs of equipment with me that won't fit on my motorcycle. Other than that I work at home. So unless I use them for over pants during the winter (which only lasts a few months down here) then I'll hardly ever wear them.

Good idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by katanapr3
                    no,no,no dude haven't you seen the rap videos lately. thats how they should fit man, you are suppose to show half of your boxer shorts man

joke
                    don't you mean squid videos? Saw one not too long ago of a guy wearing track pants when he layed it down...sure it gave him protection for a foot or two...
                    Currently Kat-less....but still in love with them.

And as I hit 6th gear, I forgot what she said...

Comment

Originally posted by nannoguy
                      Originally posted by MikeM
                      It isn't posted on the pants but according to a couple of different websites the inseam is 33.
                      If you dont get any better offers, I'd give you 60 shipped for them

Comment

Just thought of something that wasn't suggested yet....Cheesecake, lots of butter in your meals, lots of pasta dishes and no exercise...you'll gain enough weight in the first month to fit in those pants...

You could try your hand on ebay...list them and see what happens...you never know...
                        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                          Just thought of something that wasn't suggested yet....Cheesecake, lots of butter in your meals, lots of pasta dishes and no exercise...you'll gain enough weight in the first month to fit in those pants...

You could try your hand on ebay...list them and see what happens...you never know...
                          That might work for the waist measurement.. but they are a little long too.. I haven't figured out how to fix that one yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X