X

thinking of all vinyl job ('91 600)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of all vinyl job ('91 600)

this was my idea....i got a guy that cuts vinyl and i was thinking of doing a diamond plate carbon fiber scheme. i have a real 18awg stainless diamond plate windscreen that i made at work (you cant see threw the smoked ones anyhow), but i was thinking of putting the diamond vinyl on the front going mid way threw the upper fairings (and the tank) breaking off into puzzle pieces with an underlay of carbon fiber to the rear. carbon fiber suzuki decal on the diamond plate section and gsx600f on diamond on the rear carbon section. carbon fiber around the tail light (which i seen on here). i have the gunmetal rims already so i think it should look alright.......i was also thinking about cutting out 26awg diamond plate pieces for the lower rear fairings where the vents are!

I would think diamond plate OR carbon fiber.....both would look a little busy IMHO.
    -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

just so you know.....if you ever lay the bike down or something like that, it's going to be a nightmare removing the stickers. you can't just "touch up" vinyl.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Im sorry.......did you say you made a windscreen out of real diamondplate????
        I hope you have good body armour

Comment

yeah i do vinyl wraps at work all the time. if you do layit down, in the littlest way the piece will have to be rewrapped so i wouldnt recommend it. i would only do small parts in vinyl with a paint base

Comment

well i ended up doing the rear fairings in the diamond plate (took 3hrs)....after doing that, im going tot spray the rest of the bike silver, and incorperate the vinyl. ill put up some pics tonight of the vinyl....looks pretty good.....and if i end up dumping it (again...lol) ill just get some new plastics....im fixing the front ones right now....ill keep everyone up to date on this...it should be done by this weekend

Comment

Working...
            X