X

$7.49 exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $7.49 exhaust

I decided to fabricate an exhaust and see how it turned out. I went to the nearest auto parts place, bought a collector/adaptor that went into a smaller turndown pipe to make sure i keep some back pressure and not F up the engine. It ran me about $7.49 not including the high temp paint I used. The note turned out extremely deep and EXTREMELY loud. Heres a little clip, but it really doesnt do it justice. I passed my friends house who lives next to the interstate, he could here me coming about a mile out. Well anyway here ya go, let me know what you think.

Fo Sho.

That's ungodly loud. I knew a guy that used to run an open header...........

at the track.

It kinda looks neat, though. If you could cram a baffle in there, (they do make baffles to stick in a straight pipe) I might keep it like that.
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

try a supertrapp????

Comment

putfile makes my 'puter crash...

Comment

Thats crazy, wild...
          "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

I love the sound of that. Might have to switch from my
            D & D to that! That thing growls!!! 7 bucks, wow!

I have to compete with all the Harley riders up here!
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Nice job I think it sounds better than my D & D.
              go ahead and ruck it!!!

Comment

It looks better and is less weight too! Post the exact how to directions, LoL!
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

I did something similar last week, only I went to the harley shop and bought a pair of 4" baffles, bolted one in (only one fit without modification) and this is the result: (I think this requires quicktime, if someone can convert it i'll rehost:

Comment

is there any engine mods that should be done before I try this, dont want to mess up my bike. I must say that is bad azz.

Comment

i think they both sound good...did you notice a hp differance and did you need to rejet????
                      www.gleno.net
                      what doesnt kill you will only make you wiser and stronger

Comment

i thought i heard thats bad for the valves.........

Comment

Originally posted by grizzy2005
                          I did something similar last week, only I went to the harley shop and bought a pair of 4" baffles, bolted one in (only one fit without modification) and this is the result: (I think this requires quicktime, if someone can convert it i'll rehost:

http://moebay.com/dan/katpipe.mp4
                          Looks like it would have a detrimental effect on ground clearance.

And yeah, I do believe such a shorty runs the risk of valves cooling too fast after shut-down.

Of course, I should hate that stuff, given my much-ballihooed hatred of D&D's. Funny, somehow I don't hate it that much, maybe because I don't have to live with it, like I did with that damn D&D on my now-sold Kat 750.
                          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I like the idea, but would DEFINITELY go with some internal baffles. I once heard my exhaust straight out of the collecter, it was beyond loud, and not in a good way. These here might just be what you need, and they still keep the project cheap.

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

and

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends
                            '01 TL1000R

Comment

Can someone post a screen shot?
                              I'm curious what this looks like.

Comment

Working...
                              X