X

Icon Hooligan Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Hooligan Gloves

I found this gloves on ebay, while looking for mesh gloves, actually.
    The msrp is somewhere up to $70.- and looked to me like a good deal get them for $30.-

Since it was a final sale, there is no chance to return them. Bad thing. This things SUCKS! I like the looks. At the begining I though that they fit me better than my Joe Rocket gloves, but then I found out why the "loose" fit on the JR.
    I dunno if the word to describe them is "stiff" or just plain "hard", you just can't flex your fingers. They are described as "vented" gloves, but after 5 minutes, your hands are swetting like crazy. They are actually lined. That's fine, I can use them for night riding, but today I almost got hit by a car, because I couldn't reach the horn with my thumb. With all other brands I use L size and they fit a little loose. This are L but they fit "exactly" what makes the gloves very uncomfortable. I have heard about the "just show, no go" comment on the Icon brand, but after today's riding, I'm definitively not buying Icon gear again. Just my opinion.

D&K

I have a similar pair, mine are the gauntlet style, and have the titanium ont he knuckles, fingers, and palm. Yes they are a VERY thick glove and IMO, more suite for track use. I only wear those during the winter months because they are so warm.

Comment

Yeah , those look pretty bulky . Leather takes some time to break in , too . But I got a good pair of gloves (Firstgear Carbon Race ) from Newenough on closeout a couple years ago for like $50 . Maybe something like that would've suited you better ...
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I JUST BAUGHT THE SAME EXACT MODEL, BLK WITH BLUE KNUCKLES PAIR, AFTER TRYING MY FRIENDS....THEY FELT ACTUALLY VERY COMFY AND SOFT. I BAUGHT LARGE TOO AND WHEN I GOT IT N TRIED EM ON , I FEEL XACTLY LIKE WHAT YOU SAID....to describe them is "stiff" or just plain "hard", you just can't flex your fingers. They are described as "vented" gloves, but after 5 minutes, your hands are swetting like crazy. ............ but today I almost got hit by a car, because I couldn't reach the horn with my thumb. With all other brands I use L size and they fit a little loose. This are L but they fit "exactly" what makes the gloves very uncomfortable.

I GOT L TO BUT THEY FEEL BIG, AND I CANT IMAGINE HOW MUCH BIGER THEY R GONNA GET 1CE I BRK EM IN........
        (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

After a few rides, they started to break-in and they feels better.
          D&K

Comment

I like my ICON gear so far. I plan on picking up some more of their stuff in the future (pants, boots, new gloves).
            I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

1. Put on yopur gloves
              2. Get can of mink oil or similair
              3. apply to gloves and rub in well
              4. let sit overnight to dry

This will condition them and help them break in, as well as adding some water resistance. this also works on a baseball glove

YMMV
              I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Thanks for the tip.
                D&K

Comment

Ive also put on leather gloves..submersed my hands in water, then worked them back and forth while I have them on.. so they kinda stretch out alittle.. then put on a nice coat of leather protectant as well to keep the leather nice healthy

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                    Ive also put on leather gloves..submersed my hands in water, then worked them back and forth while I have them on.. so they kinda stretch out alittle.. then put on a nice coat of leather protectant as well to keep the leather nice healthy
                    I have done that to break in new hiking boots. You get them wet them walk in them until they are dry. That way they will mold to your feet.

Comment

Working...
                    X