X

Problem assembling the clutch switch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem assembling the clutch switch

While I was changing my handlebars using a kit from Spiegler, I was careless when opening up the choke switch and out popped a small spring and what looks like a rubber receptacle for the spring. It appears that the spring is what keeps the choke lever in a given position because without it the lever just snaps shut. I cannot figure out how to install the spring and rubber piece. Is there a schematic somewhere of the choke switch or can someone talk me through the installation?

Incidentally, I am new to KatRiders.com. I just picked up a 2002 750 with only 6K miles and it is in excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. I've been riding about 35 years now and I happen to be 83 years old. Changing the bars will make a world of difference for me. Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.

Welcome to KR!

If no one chimes in by tomorrow I have a spare assembly I can pull apart and see.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. The manual is available for download here, it will cover that also. It's under mechanics 101. You need the "post" manual.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
      X