No announcement yet.
X

Head down VS Knee down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's a stick-on helmet ponytail..

Last edited by "K"; 11-19-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post
      Ok, here's my take,

I have heard that some of the best race training starts on something like a XR100, in the dirt, then on something small on the track in order to learn the roots of cornering and technique before managing power. Those guys look like they are having a blast and I assume training on those little bikes and track.

I think I am an OK rider but know I could not handle and emergency in a corner when I am pushing it near my limits, I have been riding 10 years, but I can't drag a knee either. I would really like to learn more technique and control. Should a guy get a beat up honda CBR125 and go nuts, practicing somewhere and getting the feel of having a knee down and maybe losing it somewhere in a safe area with lots of gear?

I have never wiped out and I never want to, especially on my Kat, or something else in the future if I ever upgrade.

After seeing that I would be really inspired to find something to train on. I have no where to go locally for some training and I don't want to trash my ride by pushing it on a track and having an oops.

What do you guys think?

I also really like the full size Aprilla? 125 race bike, but for $7000, too much for me to ever afford for a play bike.

J

i go to a mini-track. i got my knee down on my second night.
      i ride a wee little yami 125, and it is fantastic!

the skills are totally transferable to the big track too (woot!)
      the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
      # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
      [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

OMG that is slick LOL wouldnt catch me doing it but ya know.

Comment

man I would LOVE to find a 'mini track' to try that on. that would be a hobby i could get into!!!!

Comment

i don't think i've ever seen that before
            this is the best icon eva

Comment

looks like pure clean fun to me

Comment

Working...
              X