X

Powder coating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder coating

Just recieved a catalog from Eastwood. Mostly auto body stuff but they have a home powder coating set up. You can get the powder coat applicator and a couple different colors for around 150-200 depending on which set up you go for. They have a 15 volt system they recommend for smaller parts or a 25 volt system for larger stuff, and a unit that is selectable between the two. Only things you need are a compressor and an electric oven to bake the parts. Looks interesting and they have about 50 colors to choose from at 30 bucks for 2 lbs of powder. Anyone ever use or see the finished product from this?

I have not personally done powder coating, but i found this on you-tube,
    Today freddy uses and reviews EastWoods powder coating kit #11676 and shows yous hot to powder coat. Powder coating is actually really simple, way better tha...
    2002 750 Kat
    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

a little late to the posting, but i powder coated a lot on my bike, and i used powders from columbia coatings. gott a lot of powder for just $10. i use an eastwood gun with a I and II opion for voltage, one being for smaller parts, two for larger. the spray gun itself works great, easy cleanup. only issue i have with it is the diffuser which keeps falling off now (it's been used for a long time so its due for a new piece) but other than that, it works great!

Also, did some ceramic coating with stuff from columbia coating too, stuff works like a charm

also, the gun is easy as hell to use, anyone can be a pro at it after like 2-3 tries

Comment

Working...
      X