X

'95 750 jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '95 750 jet kit

Hello all; I'm new to the forum and have been riding for the better part of the year and recently got a katana 750! its much more fun than the ninja 250 i was riding... anyways, to my question. what would be the best jet kit for one of these bikes? a friend of mine from work mentioned that the bike would run a lot better with a kit on it, because the idle is a little rough and it sometimes sounds like there's a back fire as low as 3000 rpm's... It also does not start right up after it has set for a couple hours, which i found to be a little strange. i can live with all these things, but if its detrimental to the bike and safety while riding it and only costs a few hundred bucks to have done to the bike, then i'd like to have one installed. also, any idea how many hours or how long it takes to install one? thanks in advance for the help!

shops will charge an hour to an hour and a half per carb, many guys on here (like md86 or arsenic) can probably do it in a lot less, they will chime in here soon
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

the best kit is Factory Pro. Yes, I'll do it for $100. The kit has 0 to do with it idling rough or back firing, Thats your A/F mixture being not right, and a 5 degree ignition advancer will help smooth out your idle. As far as a shop, they will charge you an hour per carb, it actually takes no where near that long.

Comment

However , if it ain't running right in the first place and it's all stock , the "guy" you talked to is a dip**** . You need to clean , adjust , or replace worn components . It'll run just fine stock all by itself . If not , you gots problems .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well, very true Matt, I just didn't feel like saying dude was a dip****.

Comment

YOU didn't feel like calling someone a dip**** ? What is this world coming to .

Comment

ok factory pro jet kit; what about the dynojet's? i've read some good and some bad on those, any thoughts? and if i lived anywhere near you arsenic i'd take you up on that offer but i live in raleigh, nc... i dont mind payin someone at a shop to take care of it, but am pretty sure i dont want to personally undertake such a job. how do i do the 5 degree ignition advancer? just tell the guys at the shop to do that when they do the kit? thanks for the replies, and yes, the guy is a dip****. haha

Comment

dynojet sucks large farm animals. I don't think Factory Pro recommends a K&N air filter, but do not do that! You don't have to live close to me, send me your carbs over the winter. An ignition advancer mounts right on the crank shat, nothing to do with your carbs, if you tell the shop to do that, they're gonna screw you on that to.

Comment

BTW Matt, I'm trying to be nice, normally I have no problem calling someone a dip****, but I'm trying not to do that, you told me to be nice.

Comment

I meant calling people on the BOARD names . Dip****s NOT on the board are fair game .

Comment

okay, fair enough. Game on then I'll go back to calling people not on the forum dip****s.

Comment

good thing im on this forum
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

well kid, don't do anything retarded, I know you pretty well, so calling you a dip**** would be alright.

Comment

Dip**** .

Comment

Working...
                            X