X

A picture of my touring Kat 11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A picture of my touring Kat 11

It took me awhile, but here is a picture of my '91 Katana 1100, all decked out for touring. Well, I mostly use it for fuel efficient commuting. I figure that every day I ride instead of drive, I save about $10-15 in gas. I have just ordered the accesories to plug in an inherited Widder vest to extend my motorcycle commuting into early winter. I am stickin' it to the man and having fun.
    Attached Files

That is a lot of storage space!!!

Nice looking Kat
    Kyle

Comment

Sweet!!!
      Love that Kat in red!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Kyle,
        Yes indeed it is. I am a newspaper photographer, so I need it. One Givi is for a fully loaded camera bag, another is for a big lens, and the third is for riding gear. The tankbag holds everything else. I do feel a little like Sanford & Son, but it makes being on the road all day a little more fun. I just got the topcase, so I am unsure about how my mileage will suffer, but with both sidecases I was getting about 40 mpg.
        Speaking of gas mileage. I saw a funny thing today. My local Suzuki dealer has mpg signs on quite a few of its bikes. A Kawi 250 cruiser had "85 mpg" on it and the new, sexy gs500 had a "58 mpg" on it ... I think this is the first time I have ever seen this approach to selling bikes in a dealership. I will ask if this has had any effect on sales lately.
        Attached Files

Comment

SWEET!!!!

I have a 96 mile round trip Monday thru Friday for work so I understand your thinking. I have saddlebags, tailbag and tankbag on my 05 Kat and they make it so that I can carry everything I need for work as well as a weekend get-a-way.

I average about 48 mpg usually. With the saddlebags it only drops to about 44mpg.
          You can have my Kat when you pry my cold dead butt from upon it.

Comment

That's a beauty. I had a 1988 Kat 1100 that I still miss.

Comment

Working...
            X