Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New pictures, after some recent updates...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pictures, after some recent updates...

Recently I had the bike down for a while getting some things done. Some were necessary, others were just wanted
    I have been lazy on getting pics up so finally took some and here is the list of the goodies:

New chain, sprockets, brakes, fork seals, valve adjustment, carb service, complete bike over:lube/oil change/cable tightening, checking everything, etc...new Conti Road Attacks (160 rear)....also an Ivan's jet kit and 2bros exhaust. Then I removed those reflectors I put on before and added black reflective wheel tape.

I think it has come a good way-runs and sounds excellent....very happy Kat owner here.
    Comments welcome!
    vwvortex.com : jettajake00
    midmoriders.com :jettajake00
    Go Cardinals!

Very Sharp!
    THE DOC
    RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
    mistake when you make it again.
    sigpic

Comment

VERY NICE
      Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

That's a nice clean looking bike...

Ever ride it?...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          That's a nice clean looking bike...

Ever ride it?...

Krey
          Very much so...Exactly why I had to replace so much

Only owned it a little more than 3 months, and put on about 3k miles on it even with it being in the shop for 2 weeks, and between all the storms (ridden in a little rain too, actually waiting on a decent rain to test the tires in)....I wore out the Metzlers I bought it with quick...spirited driving and alot of practice with quick/panic braking....I drive it every chance I get pretty much...

Honestly it looks so clean because I am anal about it and clean it after almost every ride....warm water, micro fiber with Honda Spray, maybe some Meg bike detailer spray too....I am a clean freak when it comes to my vehicles

Thanks for the props so far!
          Last edited by jettajake00; 07-17-2009, 06:33 PM.
          Go Cardinals!

Comment

looks awesome man! i love the Two Bros exhaust (as I'm looking to get that exact one myself) Where did you find the Katana and Kanji decal?
            1999 Katana 750

Comment

bike looks sweet!!!
              Godspeed
              CSBA #1167
              Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
                looks awesome man! i love the Two Bros exhaust (as I'm looking to get that exact one myself) Where did you find the Katana and Kanji decal?
                It was on there when I bought it. I assumed it was factory 2001...but have been asked this question a few times, so I wonder if it was put on by a previous owner...
                Also interesting: the prior owner had dropped it in the driveway and right side fairing was scraped up when I bought it...I touched it up and bought a new "Katana" decal from a local dealer and I remember it was odd they didn't show the Kanji decal in the parts diagram when I saw the screen...so that made me wonder more if it really is factory or not??
                If it isn't factory, it had me fooled...

BTW the 2bros is awesome-I was looking at several different ones and it came down to the 2 bros...very happy with my decision-sounds sweet on a 750
                Last edited by jettajake00; 07-17-2009, 01:51 PM.
                Go Cardinals!

Comment

The Katana Kanji one is not stock, but I do like it! Also I do not believe the DOHC 16 valve sticker is either. I think they were on 98's but were found under the Katana badge that was in the same place. The bike looks good, though you may be a bit over cautious with all those reflectors on the swing arm. Then again never be too safe! Also bit odd that the front reflectors were removed from the forks but someone felt compelled to throw some more on the swing arm.
                  Last edited by parkze; 07-17-2009, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Good look'n bike bro!
                    Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                    MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice and clean.....
                      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

thats a good looking kat.

I'm coming your way in a couple weeks. going to be in camdenton on the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by parkze View Post
                          The Katana Kanji one is not stock, but I do like it! Also I do not believe the DOHC 16 valve sticker is either. I think they were on 98's but were found under the Katana badge that was in the same place. The bike looks good, though you may be a bit over cautious with all those reflectors on the swing arm. Then again never be too safe! Also bit odd that the front reflectors were removed from the forks but someone felt compelled to throw some more on the swing arm.
                          I didn't add the swingarm tape, I bought it with the reflective tape already there...I didn't think it was too much so I haven't taken it off-it isn't that bad...and it definitely can't hurt to be able to be seen more, not over-cautious IMHO. Although the small red strips I have thought about removing just haven't done it yet-probably get to that soon...
                          I removed the fork reflectors and when I chopped the shovel the rear reflectors went with it.
                          As far as the decals go when I bought this I wasn't into Katanas enough to know what year had what decals, I thought they were factory applied...they look good though either way

Originally posted by katana bob View Post
                          thats a good looking kat.

I'm coming your way in a couple weeks. going to be in camdenton on the lake.
                          That's cool-which direction are you coming from? Riding or in a cage?
                          Last edited by jettajake00; 07-17-2009, 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          Go Cardinals!

Comment

good job, bike looks great.

Comment

looks nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X