X

1/4 mile times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katana1100 View Post
    It is modded, and at the dyno shootout last year at hooters, i saw 144.5 rwhp @ 10,500, have'nt run at the track since its finished but, a turd its not.

Sky will outpower me no doubt, but can she leave the line without looping it?(no offence Sky,just generalizing) I've outrun many a litre bike because the rider couldnt get off the line as hard as my heavy,long wheelbase Kitty.
    That is sweet. I'm just jealous that I don't have an 1100. One day, maybe.

I'd bet you'd be pretty well in the 9's.....

I've beaten a few Gixxers off the line, but after they get settled down, they usually pass me like I'm sitting still.
    02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
    90 GSXR 750/1216
    96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
    87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
    sigpic

Comment

It is modded, and at the dyno shootout last year at hooters, i saw 144.5 rwhp @ 10,500, have'nt run at the track since its finished but, a turd its not.

Sky will outpower me no doubt, but can she leave the line without looping it?(no offence Sky,just generalizing) I've outrun many a litre bike because the rider couldnt get off the line as hard as my heavy,long wheelbase Kitty.
      Lol. Sky would whoop your *** without getting out of first gear. 145hp/500+ pounds vs 185hp/420 pounds. I'd take a run at you on my Ninja.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Lol. Sky would whoop your *** without getting out of first gear. 145hp/500+ pounds vs 185hp/420 pounds. I'd take a run at you on my Ninja.

I believe it so long as she dont loop it.
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Do the gsxr1k's have 185 at the rear wheel? i thought it was more like 160,or is Sky's modded for that? I'm not sayin she would or wouldnt, just that my old girl can hang with the new stuff,at least in a strait line,twisties,forget it ive ridden a gxxr, its truley rapture on a curve,but i love my kitty or i'de have a gxxr!

I'm 490 lbs ! screwed that heavy factory exhaust! 1st gear? no way.Thats where i hold the advantage, like JokerZwild said, wheelie control is everything, I've taken a busa's off the line,but of course they catch up by 100 or so.
          But in the stoplight GP's we have around here,Only lost three times,ZRX1200 on the bottle,A modded Busa and a Blackbird with a 6" swingarm and a 300 tire.so a 600? I wouldnt even bother tryin,no offence ment,just not a race i would try,
          Last edited by Katana1100; 07-05-2009, 08:59 PM.
          WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
          We Will Always remember!
          sigpic

Comment

I found that once I lowered my 750s front end I can pretty much launch at will!! It just breaks loose till the power catches up to the speed. I gotta actually yank the bike up onto the back tire now. But as Dawg knows all to well its not too much of a chore lol.
            Joker
            The newest addition to the Family!
            sigpic
            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

You can turbo with carbs... my 82 Seca was carbed, and turbo'd from factory. It ran mint too... I upped the boost and still no issue, ran great... Factory was a 12.5 Bike, modded some guys were just touching the 11's, just by upping the boost.

There is no replacement for displacement....
              Until 6000 RPM and 15 PSI.
              Last edited by BV1; 07-07-2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Do the gsxr1k's have 185 at the rear wheel? i thought it was more like 160,or is Sky's modded for that? I'm not sayin she would or wouldnt, just that my old girl can hang with the new stuff,at least in a strait line,twisties,forget it ive ridden a gxxr, its truley rapture on a curve,but i love my kitty or i'de have a gxxr!

I'm 490 lbs ! screwed that heavy factory exhaust! 1st gear? no way.Thats where i hold the advantage, like JokerZwild said, wheelie control is everything, I've taken a busa's off the line,but of course they catch up by 100 or so.
                But in the stoplight GP's we have around here,Only lost three times,ZRX1200 on the bottle,A modded Busa and a Blackbird with a 6" swingarm and a 300 tire.so a 600? I wouldnt even bother tryin,no offence ment,just not a race i would try,
                you running stock or what have you done to your 1100? ever run a 1/4 mile with it?

I took my first 92 1100 for a run down the track. it was a year old and maybe 10k miles on it. it took me a whoppin' 13.? (low...2 or 3).
                However, I was at a 13?mph when I got there, and I had my 3 givi cases on the bike. I didn't snap them off before the run because I didn't trust leaving them laying around. lots of drag. lots of weight to get off the line as well, added with my 210ish lbs at the time, with at least 10lbs of leather on.

It was the only time I ever did a 1/4 mile run. I need to try out my new bike. they have drags at the old airport every Friday night. open and free I do believe (except for side bets). I gotta go check it out. They are calling for a nice weekend, FINALLY!

I would like to get a couple of runs in while my bike is stock. I have a feeling that over the winter I might start tinkering on it a bit. I have a spare head that I just might polish and port. new exhaust....carb kit.....sprocket change....that should add some power. then try it again with the mods and see the difference.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I want to say the late 80's 1100's were supposed to be in the high-10 second range, stock.
                  90 GSXR 750/1216
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                    you running stock or what have you done to your 1100? ever run a 1/4 mile with it?

I took my first 92 1100 for a run down the track. it was a year old and maybe 10k miles on it. it took me a whoppin' 13.? (low...2 or 3).
                    However, I was at a 13?mph when I got there, and I had my 3 givi cases on the bike. I didn't snap them off before the run because I didn't trust leaving them laying around. lots of drag. lots of weight to get off the line as well, added with my 210ish lbs at the time, with at least 10lbs of leather on.

It was the only time I ever did a 1/4 mile run. I need to try out my new bike. they have drags at the old airport every Friday night. open and free I do believe (except for side bets). I gotta go check it out. They are calling for a nice weekend, FINALLY!

I would like to get a couple of runs in while my bike is stock. I have a feeling that over the winter I might start tinkering on it a bit. I have a spare head that I just might polish and port. new exhaust....carb kit.....sprocket change....that should add some power. then try it again with the mods and see the difference.
                    Not stock, Yoshi cams,SS2r system,factory pro jets and needles. and time advancer,K&N filter, (hey it works for me) ,Barnett clutch Pirelli sport dragon tires, 17k on the clock

No never run at the track with it. I would love to, I think i could hit the 9's,

I practiced alot with my old clutch, and experimented with strapping the nose down, just playin around mind you, the strap keeps the front down on 1-2 and 2-3 shifts better,but i can run without it on the road easily just by leaning forward. I may drop the gearing when the stockers wear out,just a tooth or two but that may lift the nose easier,which i dont want. the squids like to wheelie but I dont really care to. If i win the lottery,I'd like to go big block on her,like a 1325 0r 1425, but I'm not that lucky!

The heads been off mine when the cams were done why i dont know, and I dont know if the ports were touched or not,the previous owner had the cams done,but he couldnt remember how much he spent in labor,I've never seen another 1100 head in the flesh so i dont know how the ports looked before. he had my bike and a gxxr 1000, and his wife said one goes, so there it went to me.

your old 1100 was modded too wasnt it? what was done on yours?

Originally posted by JimG4652 View Post
                    I want to say the late 80's 1100's were supposed to be in the high-10 second range, stock.
                    I remember a mag face off between a vmax and the big kat and one other bike in the late 80's early 90's 91? it was a dark color one burgundy or dark blue I think and the Kat just trounced the max and other bike whatever it was.I think the kat did a 10.6? to the max's 10.9? It was a big gap,I would love to find that old issue
                    Last edited by Katana1100; 07-07-2009, 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

xbox live= katana11
                    We Will Always remember!
                    sigpic

Comment

so a 600? I wouldnt even bother tryin,no offence ment,just not a race i would try,
                      I hope not for your sake. I can eek out high 10's if I'm on. 11.3s seem
                      to be about the average going rate on the street. Might not be as bad of a race as you think big boy

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I hope not for your sake. I can eek out high 10's if I'm on. 11.3s seem
                        to be about the average going rate on the street. Might not be as bad of a race as you think big boy
                        I'm sure you'd keep it interesting, Like you said "if I'm on".
                        Any bike ridden well against another ridden not so well will win.

my point was(I think) that if I met you at a light,I would'nt line up,only because your not on a litre bike. which I've done before. some flake on a R6 was tauntin me for about 4 lights tryin to get me to bite,I didnt. but when we both got rt287 I made it clear that I could easily out motor him, effortlessly. Now if he had an R1, I definatly woulda went for it!

xbox live= katana11
                        We Will Always remember!
                        sigpic

Comment

my point was(I think) that if I met you at a light,I would'nt line up,only because your not on a litre bike. which I've done before. some flake on a R6 was tauntin me for about 4 lights tryin to get me to bite,I didnt. but when we both got rt287 I made it clear that I could easily out motor him, effortlessly. Now if he had an R1, I definatly woulda went for it!

Alright man, just don't be so sure about these wimpy little 600s.

Comment

Alright man, just don't be so sure about these wimpy little supersport 600s.
                            Fixed it

He can be sure about a Kat.
                            90 GSXR 750/1216
                            sigpic

Comment

Alright man, just don't be so sure about these wimpy little 600s.
                              anything that can go 10's is quick. So i do respect that.
                              Hard to get respect on a Kat though! Can I get an amen on that?

xbox live= katana11
                              We Will Always remember!
                              sigpic

Comment

any two or three year old 600 will leave you in the rear

Comment

Working...
                                X