X

1/4 mile times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 mile times

What's the average 1/4 mile time for a post Kat 750 (stock)?

Originally posted by KatDawg View Post
    What's the average 1/4 mile time for a post Kat 750 (stock)?
    Faster then yours! muhahahhaha!
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Im not sure what the average times are but i found this site http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...gsx750f_01.htm saying the stock 750 was an 11.5 I saw once on another site that it was an 11.8

99 750

Comment

i know a 1996 Katana 600 was rated in the mid 12's with factory specs. Im assuming a 750 would be somewhere in the 11's. Being up at the drag strip a lot, I usually dont see a gsxr or a cbr run better than 11's. They have more horsepower and are lighter. So id compare a gsxr and cbr 600 to a katana 750 in a sense. I have a video from last friday, a busa running 6's, it was turboed and who knows what else. Went 2/3 down the track with the front wheel atleast 8 inches off the ground. It was sick.

Comment

Mid 11's with a good rider for a Kat 750
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

slow
            Guylaine
            Try and keep up now

Comment

considering my truck does 17.2 in the 1/4, I think mid 11's is pretty fast...lol. BTW, nice pic Sky. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post
                slow
                Not everyone owns a Thou
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

well depends how well lits tuned (carbs )
                  and also the sparkplugs matter they can give you a bit of an edge
                  also your clutch matters too if its adjusted well

Comment

Yes, mid to low 11's.

Modern 600 SS bikes can hit 10's consistently with a good rider.
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I'm gonna find out tonight if a 02 600 will hit 11's with a few tweaks.
                      02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                      90 GSXR 750/1216
                      96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                      87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                      sigpic

Comment

i doubt with me on it my vtr1000 could beat 11.5. ive never ran the 1/4 but im sure id be in the 12- 13 second range. my bike is listed at 10.9 i just some how doubt i could pull it. every time i grab a hand full of throttle in 1st it wont stay down. second will do the same unless i lay on the tank or ease out of it. i would love to see a kat 600 run 11.5. so post a video if at all possible.

Comment

From me being around for a while on this site. The 600's runs around mid 12- low 13 sec depend on the rider Even through some site say 11.8 I yet to heard of any Average joe break 11's in a 600. I don't remember even see a 750 post time. Im sure if I search I could find something. But the 750 I would think would be high 11's to 12's
                          sigpic
                          Update Jul 11 2014
                          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

11 seconds just seems like a long time. I've never ran at the track or measured out a 1/4 of a mile. But just sit and count 11 secs and it seems like you'd be well gone...

Comment

Originally posted by KatDawg View Post
                              11 seconds just seems like a long time. I've never ran at the track or measured out a 1/4 of a mile. But just sit and count 11 secs and it seems like you'd be well gone...
                              well a quarter mile is 1320 feet...so yah 11 seconds you will be well gone...prob bout 1000 feet away..
                              sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                              k9 GSX-R 600
                              GO VOLS!

Comment

Working...
                              X